PDA

View Full Version : Car Pro CQuartz DLux plastic & wheel coating? Second thoughts

GOTURBACK
08-22-2016, 12:56 PM
I ordered some CQuartz DLux plastic & wheel coating to use on my new trucks wheels, and plastic trim but I am having second thoughts as whether I want to go that route or use a traditional high quality non-permanent type of protection. Having to mechanically remove the coating in the future when it fails is making me reconsider using it at all. Might be sending it back for an exchange...

Heisenberg
08-22-2016, 01:01 PM
Why is that making you reconsider? Shouldn't that type of durability be a desired trait in your wheel and trim protection?

Setec Astronomy
08-22-2016, 01:05 PM
If you have those concerns I would try Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant (WETS).

The Guz
08-22-2016, 01:12 PM
Try it on a little spot and see how it pans out compared to another trim protectant.

DasBurninator
08-22-2016, 01:16 PM
I don't think that should really be a concern. An aggressive clay bar would be enough to remove most coatings.

The less often I have to pull my wheels to re-apply a coating, the better I feel.

Rsurfer
08-22-2016, 01:39 PM
I don't think that should really be a concern. An aggressive clay bar would be enough to remove most coatings.

The less often I have to pull my wheels to re-apply a coating, the better I feel.
Believe me, a clay bar will not remove Dlux, nor will any chemical that I have found. To get good results with Dlux, the key is thin coats. To the OP, you can top Dlux months later so no need to strip it.

zmcgovern45
08-22-2016, 01:46 PM
There is no real need to remove a coating... ever. Unless of course you applied it incorrectly and left high spots all over.

Most people decide a coating needs to be replaced when the beading stops. When that happens, you can simply clean the wheels and apply a new coating layer, or apply traditional sealants on top of it as if the coating was never there to begin with. There is really no downside IMO.

We use DLUX all the time and it works great on wheels & plastic.

(and regardless of what was mentioned above, detailing clay certainly will not remove any coating)

GOTURBACK
08-22-2016, 01:56 PM
Thanks I guess I did not realize that you could reapply the coating without removing the previous application, or that any topping afterwords would penetrate the coating to provide additional protection. The other product that I was considering is the Wolfgang ETS how long could the ETS realistically last through winter conditions salt and frequent washing?