PDA

View Full Version : Do I Already Have a Foam Gun?

edl
08-22-2016, 10:41 AM
Hi All - i own a northstar pressure washer from northern tool - it has a black low pressure nozzle that is meant to be used when a hose on the unit is in a 5 gallon bucket with product in it

So, you can buy concrete cleaner or other harsh chemicals...it reduces the pressure automatically to a pretty low setting

My question: why do i need to buy a separate foam gun? - can't i just put car shampoo in the 5 gallon bucket and spray it on with the power washer? - the washer itself creates a dilution of 15:1 - so for every 1 part out of the 5 gallon bucket, 15 parts of water are already mixed in by the pressure washer

do others use their pressure washer this way?

those with pressure washers and foam guns, what to the foam guns do for you that the pressure washer by itself, with shampoo introduced in the output stream, does not do?

thanks

Mike Phillips
08-22-2016, 11:17 AM
My guess is that it will create suds coming out of the wand but it won't create foam.

Just a guess.

I'd hook it up and give it a go!

:)

edl
08-22-2016, 01:33 PM
Thanks - it is actually quite a pleasure to receive a response directly from you...i've have been watching countless videos and reading articles and a book by you - thanks for helping all of us who are getting started