PDA

View Full Version : Posted by my local Honda Dealer. Pis**d me off!!

Pages : [1] 2

emmjay
08-22-2016, 10:20 AM
This annoyed the cra* out of me and I really want to say something! :mad::mad::mad::mad: #Hondacares lol! They wiped my paint with a dry cloth becuase I told them not to wash it...smh

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/jpeg.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/108279/title/honda-uae-dealer/cat/500)

briarpatch
08-22-2016, 10:34 AM
thats funny

SANTA3013
08-22-2016, 10:41 AM
Better to be pis**ed off than pis**ed on.

frankprozzoly
08-22-2016, 11:49 AM
Idiots. Going to the dealer scares me

emmjay
08-22-2016, 11:55 AM
Idiots. Going to the dealer scares me

Amen! My car went in for a new rear bumper due to fender bender and they wiped the dust off....with a dry cotton cloth. I'm waiting for it to cool down to correct their ignorance :)

LSNAutoDetailing
08-22-2016, 11:58 AM
Now from a glass half full perspective:

Just think of the opportunity Honda gave you to demonstrate your amazing detailing skills in removing swirls & scratches and restoring your paint to a show-car condition. :-)

FUNX650
08-22-2016, 12:01 PM
RE: The posted "advertisement"

•You know that's a lie.
-They know that you know it's a lie.
{Ever notice that if you tell them that
you know, that they know, that you know
they lie...all they'll do is bristle (pun intended).

•Just goes to further prove that
dealerships are scumbags...no matter
where in the World they're located.
-Their sliminess is readily apparent to all.
Shoot...It is not even controversial anymore!

-Sure, a lot of these "smooth operators"
are financially well off; but, I wouldn't let
my daughters marry one of these scumbags.

•A curiosity of mine:
-Do OEMs actively recruit scumbags to
sell their vehicles? How long does it take
before the basics of human decency have
been stripped from those recruits?
-How hard is it to corrupt people...to take
away their soul?

-Or does being a wheeler-dealer just
automatically turn one into a scumbag?

Bob

emmjay
08-22-2016, 12:27 PM
RE: The posted "advertisement"

•You know that's a lie.
-They know that you know it's a lie.
{Ever notice that if you tell them that
you know, that they know, that you know
they lie...all they'll do is bristle (pun intended).

•Just goes to further prove that
dealerships are scumbags...no matter
where in the World they're located.
-Their sliminess is readily apparent to all.
Shoot...It is not even controversial anymore!

-Sure, a lot of these "smooth operators"
are financially well off; but, I wouldn't let
my daughters marry one of these scumbags.

•A curiosity of mine:
-Do OEMs actively recruit scumbags to
sell their vehicles? How long does it take
before the basics of human decency have
been stripped from those recruits?
-How hard is it to corrupt people...to take
away their soul?

-Or does being a wheeler-dealer just
automatically turn one into a scumbag?

Bob

Could not agree more Bob!

What's worse is we have one Dealer who controls the market for a handful of brands.
Honda, Toyota, Lexus, Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler and Volvo all under one brand/dealer. Oh and they are one of the richest families, seeing how Toyota is the number one brand on the road here....that should be enough, but having those other brands just makes it that much worse(for us). Not taking into account all the other industries they have a huge play in.

Scumbag central!

Old Pirate
08-22-2016, 03:00 PM
This annoyed the cra* out of me and I really want to say something! :mad::mad::mad::mad: #Hondacares lol! They wiped my paint with a dry cloth becuase I told them not to wash it...smh

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/jpeg.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/108279/title/honda-uae-dealer/cat/500)

Wow, they should know that all those sand storms will sand a car down in mins let alone washing it, just keep it up! your Honda will thank you.

AJS
08-22-2016, 03:25 PM
I have to go in for some driver and pasenger side airbag replacement. But I don't trust these dealers for sh*t. I had some guys on the mustang forums say the repair took 15-25 minutes and they watched it happen. I call the dealer and they say itll take a day. Forget that

ski2
08-22-2016, 04:20 PM
This is why I never buy a new car face to face at the dealership--decide what I want ahead of time--send an email to every dealer in a 50 mile radius and make it clear I will buy the lowest price for only those who bid the exact specs I provide and who deliver the car with the shipping wraps still on--works every time.

dmayer
08-22-2016, 04:24 PM

Maybe if they just did it, explain to them that the reason you didn't want it washed was because of possible scratching, then show them the scratches from dry wiping it. Tell them you'll take care of it since you don't have faith in their body guys, but tell them since it will take you x amount of time, how about they compensate you by way of free oil changes or maybe a free 12,000 mile service when it's due for it. Just a thought.

WT Taggart
08-22-2016, 05:34 PM
I agree, I've done with my last several vehicles and I also had my 2016 BMW and my wife 2015 Challenger delivered to the how from the dealership with the wrap still on them. The Salesman and Sales Manager come to the house with the delivery, then me and my wife remove all the wrap and do a complete inside and out inspection. After that we do a complete inside outside detail and coat the vehicle. Normally takes us about 16 hours for the complete detail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LAKings22
08-22-2016, 07:00 PM
I recently took my car in to a friends body shop to have a rear bumper re painted and I told him to make sure the car is not washed. He went on to show me his dedicated detail set up and the products they use (all Meguiar's) and how they wash the cars. I was actually impressed with the set up he had considering other body shops or dealerships are set up. I went in last week to pick up the car and he said he thought better of it and decided not to have it washed.

derass
08-22-2016, 07:35 PM
I took my Honda into the dealer for regular maintenance. It was a cheap service so I figured they wouldn't bother washing it for how little I would be paying. But as I was sitting in the waiting room for my car to be finished I saw another car being driven out from the garage dripping wet after clearly being washed. So I got up and asked the service advisor. He said that they would wash my car despite the cheap service. I requested that they didn't, he said sure and went to tell the technician.

A short while later, my car was finished and I was called up to pay. He went over the service with me and finished with: "Unforunatley, we did have to wash your car." He explained that it was a machine wash and that I didn't ned to worry because the brushes "Are as smooth as a baby's bottom." It had been a brake service and so they were concerned that the use of brake fluid and brake cleaner may have gotten on the paint. I suppose it being washed poorly is the lesser of two evils when compared to corrosive chemicals sitting on the paint.

But I still cringed at the sight of water spots, missed spots and smudges. A moment of silence for me please...lol