PDA

View Full Version : Flex 3401 & Universal Pad Washer System

Pristine Image
08-22-2016, 10:19 AM
I have the pad washing system and a Flex 3401 and have had problems from day one with pad cleaning (I bought it years ago and used it only a handful of times). It either doesn't clean the pad well or I get water all over myself and the surrounding area, or both. It seems that depth of the 3401 backing plate and attached CCS pad is too shallow to properly clean the pad. As you lower the pad down in an attempt to get the pad flat onto the grit guard below, the handle of the 3401 hits the side of the bucket preventing you to lower the polisher flat any further. As a result, to pump the pad with some water you have to do it at an angle. I thought about putting something below the spring mechanism at the very bottom of the bucket to raise it another inch or so. Am I doing something wrong or is there a trick I'm not aware of?

The videos all make it look so effortless and "dry" for a lack of a better term, but it also looks like they're using other polishers that have more distances from the pad face to the top of the polisher head. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated!