PDA

View Full Version : Should I rebrand my business??

Dan Tran
08-22-2016, 08:27 AM
So a have a person who is building a website for me.

And he suggested I should rebrand "Dan Tran's Mobile Detailing"

I made the logo myself and I enjoy wearing it everywhere.

I also have tons of business cards with this logo.

I also like that people right away know who Dan Tran is.

What do you think?

DetailKitty
08-22-2016, 09:26 AM
If you've been using it for a while I'd keep it. I don't see anything glaringly wrong with it.
Did they say why they want you to rebrand?

brettS4
08-22-2016, 09:57 AM
I like the name. Very easy to remember and relates to the service. Altho I'd probably suggest improving the BMW 2002 artwork to make it look sportier :)

Bunky
08-22-2016, 10:31 AM
I guess the person wants a more exotic name. If you are known by it, stick with it.

But lots of things with the name like: Dan Tran the Detail Man

Dan Tran
08-22-2016, 01:30 PM
If you've been using it for a while I'd keep it. I don't see anything glaringly wrong with it.
Did they say why they want you to rebrand?

Not quite. You see I am kind of re-establishing my business since I moved into NH an hour north of where I was from. He mentioned to me since I moved maybe give my business a fresh new look.

Personally, I agree there is nothing wrong with what I got going on.

Agree or disagree??

I like the name. Very easy to remember and relates to the service. Altho I'd probably suggest improving the BMW 2002 artwork to make it look sportier :)

I like the name too.. Simple personal and to the point of what I am trying to achieve.

I don't have a copy of a logo that was drafted up for me a while back but one of the logo that was suggested Had something with "DT Mobile Detailing" but all in sweet hand written don't.

Last time someone called me DT was in high school. Dan Tran STUCK because really how many "Dan Tran"s do you have in your area.

This is the reason why I have the logo I have.

I actually made this logo myself. In addition I made a different one MORE cleaner looking.

8 out of 10 women like my current logo better while the other was 8 out of 10 men went for the other one.

Yes I engaged people in a poll.

So far I say 85% of my customers have been all women and good tippers too.

But I now live in an area dominated my muscle cars, classics, TONS OF MOTORCYCLES. And tons is an understatement.

Maybe I should think about who I now should be targeting?

Agree or disagree??

I guess the person wants a more exotic name. If you are known by it, stick with it.

But lots of things with the name like: Dan Tran the Detail Man

True I am known by it.. Back in MASS.

right now everything sort of is in the air now that I documented out my thoughts.....

kevin_1981
08-22-2016, 01:46 PM
Just my opinion here, but the logo looks a bit dated, but some folks may like it.

DetailKitty
08-22-2016, 03:25 PM
Maybe you should change the car then to a muscle car, with a motorcycle, etc. Target that customer.

Dan Tran
08-24-2016, 11:02 AM
ALL opinions welcomed.

Just curious. If I so desired to.

Would anyone be opposed of the following:

Dan Tran Detailing
DT Detailing

Detailing by Dan Tran (if I had to change I like this)

Tailor Detailing by Dan Tran

Again I am just entertaining things in my head.

SKorch630
08-24-2016, 12:41 PM
Maybe I should think about who I now should be targeting?

You've just answered your own question. Business 101, find a DEMOGRAPHIC. Serve that demographic. THOSE are the people who are paying YOU to do what you do! Who cares what people think of a logo. Who cares what the business card says. under promise, and over deliver. PERIOD. A good mentor of mine, Mr. MFCEO himself, Andy Frisella owns a company called 1st Phorm. You know what 1st Phorm's message is? "Help people. Get results. Period. Notice the periods there. HELP PEOPLE. GET RESULTS. There's a message there ;) You'll be just fine with whatever logo you choose. Pick one that you enjoy, call it good, and get back to the grinding stone.

ducksfan
08-24-2016, 02:49 PM
Kind of like Dan Tran the Detail Man. I wouldn't necessary lead with it. But a tag line... Yes.

I would rework your graphics. Maybe give your business a name and follow with your name in a tag line.

Too many start up mobile carwash guys with their names followed by ...detailing.