PDA

View Full Version : UPGP on glass !?!

AZpolisher15
08-21-2016, 11:57 PM
I've been wowed. So, I used UPGP for the first time a few days ago. Nice stuff. And I put it on all my glass except the windshield. Well, today I noticed just how insanely slick the glass is. I may not have noticed it, but as I was going around washing my windows today, I first did that passenger Windows and then got to the windshield, only to have the microfiber rippped right outta my hand. It felt like Velcro compared to the other Windows!

Without further ado, I went ahead and put it on my windshield, too. A couple hours later, I couldn't even set a towel on the glass without it sliding right off. Holy cow this stuff is slick. As for Performance on the windshield... Time will tell. I don't mind reapplying, just hoping I don't get "the chatter".

pheerix
08-22-2016, 12:45 PM
I use WG Liquid Seal (similar WOWA) on glass regularly. WOWAs are great on glass. Best part is there is no buffing needed and dries completely clear no streaks.

Heisenberg
08-22-2016, 01:02 PM
Use UPGP and Blackfire Crystal Seal on glass regularly. No streaks, chatters, etc. it's just too simple

Setec Astronomy
08-22-2016, 01:08 PM
If I was starting over, and didn't have any products, and I had a new car, I would just use a WOWA frequently on everything (paint/glass/trim) and I don't think I would ever need anything else (perhaps a coating on wheels, and of course something for tires).

cleanmycorolla
08-22-2016, 03:59 PM
UPGP streaked on my windows when once used, don't know what caused it because never had the issue using it on windows of any other car....its a great sealant though, a lot of bling!

Rsurfer
08-22-2016, 04:32 PM
If I was starting over, and didn't have any products, and I had a new car, I would just use a WOWA frequently on everything (paint/glass/trim) and I don't think I would ever need anything else (perhaps a coating on wheels, and of course something for tires).

The problem is, if you were starting over and only used what you mentioned, you wouldn't be on this board giving all the great advice that you do,

AZpolisher15
08-22-2016, 04:58 PM
Update: pulled out this morning and there was a haze on the windshield that easily wiped right off. Windshield was super clear, super duper slick. Wipers are absolutely silent. I'm a happy guy. Can't wait to see rain performance. If my wipers don't chatter/haze, I think I'll be done with aquapel. Although, aquapel is great too. Just won't have a need for it for a few years with 12 oz of UPGP on hand.

Setec Astronomy
08-22-2016, 06:26 PM
The problem is, if you were starting over and only used what you mentioned, you wouldn't be on this board giving all the great advice that you do,

That's very kind of you to say.

Mike Honcho
09-05-2016, 07:54 AM

Which WOWA would you use?

AZpolisher15
09-05-2016, 01:23 PM
Update #2: it rained yesterday and I got a lot of wiper chatter. It's been just over two weeks since I applied the UPGP. Looks/feels like day one. But not happy with the performance on the windshield. I'll go back to Aquapel. But I'm totally satisfied with it on all other glass and surfaces.

Rsurfer
09-05-2016, 02:21 PM
Update #2: it rained yesterday and I got a lot of wiper chatter. It's been just over two weeks since I applied the UPGP. Looks/feels like day one. But not happy with the performance on the windshield. I'll go back to Aquapel. But I'm totally satisfied with it on all other glass and surfaces.

I knew that would happen (chatter), but thought I would wait and let you find that out for yourself. Happens on most windshields, but not all wipers chatter.

AZpolisher15
09-05-2016, 04:20 PM
Ha. Yeah, I had a feeling chatter would happen. It was so slick though- I had high hopes. New blades, too. No biggie. Back to aquapel.

Rsurfer
09-05-2016, 04:38 PM
Ha. Yeah, I had a feeling chatter would happen. It was so slick though- I had high hopes. New blades, too. No biggie. Back to aquapel.

Thanks for the update,

AZpolisher15
09-19-2016, 06:42 PM
So after a month, the UPGP is still on the windshield like I applied it yesterday. Haha I've tried a crl sparkle (water spot remover?) and APC, both followed by IPA, in addition to every glass cleaner in my arsenal, and it's like nothing has even touched it! Hate to go to ceri-glass by hand, but that might be the only way (I don't wanna deal with the DA mess right now).

Anyone have experience with any of the glass restorers? Like Wolfgang Perfect Vision Polish or McKee's Glass Restorer? Do you think these or anything else will remove it? A testament to UPGP durability, nonetheless.