PDA

View Full Version : PC to polish floors??

FloridaNative
06-27-2006, 07:08 AM
I was just curious if anyone has ever used a PC to polish ceramic tile floors. If so what were the results?

Meghan
06-27-2006, 07:10 AM
I was just curious if anyone has ever used a PC to polish ceramic tile floors. If so what were the results?
Have used it on my carpets with the brush, in the shower cleaning the grout, but tile, not yet. Unfortunately I have Pergo wall to wall or I would experiment for you, somehow I bet Killer has though?!?!:p

FloridaNative
06-27-2006, 07:12 AM
LOL!! I'm just wondering if I can tell my husband, "you see?? I need to buy a PC, not just for the car but for the house too!" although I have a suspicion that AIO + PC= me falling on my butt and killing myself! lol

BILL
06-27-2006, 07:43 AM
What have you been using all this time??????

FloridaNative
06-27-2006, 07:52 AM
What have you been using all this time??????

What have I been using? My wee little hands. I am a stay at home mom which means BROKE basically. I've been wanting a PC for the longest time. I watch PC videos and drool, I read everything on it and love to see pics of the results with it. I even drive over to Lowes often and just pick up the display one and hold it in my hands and imagine myself having one of my very own. I think of all the adventures we'd share. I'd take it with me everywhere. To the beach, the movies, Disney world. (ay she sighs wistfully) And you guys that all have one, well let's just say I have PC envy. But I am saving my pennies and hopefully, Dios mediante, I will have one come Sept. :)

emaxxman
06-27-2006, 10:49 AM
Remember, tools like the PC were woodworking tools first, then it gained attention as a car polisher. Tell your husband that the PC can be used for:

Sanding anything woodworking related
Polishing
Scrubbing With that said...I will never use my PC as a sander...all I needs is an errant piece of sandpaper grit or sawdust to be spun at speed on the finish of my car. But your husband doesn't need to know that.

A few visits to the doctor to address the carpal tunnel syndrome you developed by manually cleaning the floors would easily justify the PC as well.

Ceramic is typically sealed so no polishing is needed. If you have pergo, then you can tell him that it's useful for the pergo.

NorahCRV
06-27-2006, 10:57 AM
. . . I watch PC videos and drool, I read everything on it and love to see pics of the results with it. I even drive over to Lowes often and just pick up the display one and hold it in my hands and imagine myself having one of my very own. I think of all the adventures we'd share. I'd take it with me everywhere. To the beach, the movies, Disney world. (ay she sighs wistfully) . . .

:applause: C'mon guys, give her a break, surely there's somebody down there in sunny FL that could loan FN their PC for a day to clean her floors :) *cough* *cough* or maybe Max should have a contest for the most creative "why I need a pc story" *cough* *cough* ;)

Now, how do I get the coffee splatters off my monitor??

FloridaNative
06-27-2006, 12:08 PM
LOL! You know Norah, I have trouble with liquids and the AG forum as well. Just ask killerwheels! lol Well, AG has been very good to me and always gives me samples of things to try. And my birthday is roughly 2 months away in September, so I'm hoping with the money that I get from my mommy and hubby I should have enough saved by then to get myself the birthday present that I want most. My husband is a very tough nut to crack though and I would have to come up with a TRULY creative story to get him to buy me a PC. lol Thanks for pulling for me Norah (by the way I love your accent) but I think I have to be patient on this one. I got the souveran while it was on sale and I feel lucky enough about that. :D

:applause: C'mon guys, give her a break, surely there's somebody down there in sunny FL that could loan FN their PC for a day to clean her floors :) *cough* *cough* or maybe Max should have a contest for the most creative "why I need a pc story" *cough* *cough* ;)

Now, how do I get the coffee splatters off my monitor??

Bill D
06-27-2006, 12:18 PM
If I encounter any stubborn stains on my floors, I'll try the PC, maybe better yet, the Cyclo. I'm thinking basic white Lake Country polishing pads?

ScottB
06-27-2006, 05:32 PM
:eek: I have actually never aloud the PC to touch anything but cars. Now Klasse AIO, thats surely been everywhere in the house. DONT ... I repeat DONT ever Klasse AIO the shower floor. I truly never thought of the consequences of soap/water sitting above the tile. :eek:

BILL
06-27-2006, 05:33 PM
:eek: I have actually never aloud the PC to touch anything but cars. Now Klasse AIO, thats surely been everywhere in the house. DONT ... I repeat DONT ever Klasse AIO the shower floor. I truly never thought of the consequences of soap/water sitting above the tile. :eek:

I.P. wash????