PDA

View Full Version : How to use dodo juice hybrid nano

choijw2
08-19-2016, 11:09 PM
Hi

So I got a 30ml dodo juice hybrid nano and its .... Extremely hard and doesn't seem like transferring any wax to my foam pad.

Also it cracked like creme Brûlée and falling a part into small pieces...

oldmodman
08-20-2016, 03:25 AM
Since it's only a 30ml pot it might be worth your time to experiment.

Heat it very slowly until it melts and let it re-solidify. Then when you want to use it heat it until it is just a "little warm" maybe 90 degrees. That will help the top surface to liquify and stick to your pad or applicator.

Or you could just return it for another pot, but then you have to deal with shipping hassles.

choijw2
08-20-2016, 05:48 AM
Mine didn't come with any instruction
and cant find any detailed video or information by users yet.

I am very against heating up paste wax to melt.... hopefully Nick or Mike can chip in.

Dr Acula
08-20-2016, 07:38 AM
I had the same problem. Coulnt get it on into any pads foam or mf. Its like a crusty hard layer on top. I really wanted to try it out so i looked at some dodo fourms and this seems to be normal.

I used a plastic razor blade to scrape off like 1/16". Maybe more just untill it was softer.

I had no crumbling like ur pic but there's still awesome dodo wax underneath.

Once u get to the wax its business as usual ! Spreads super thin goes a long way.

Hope this helps

Hammer77
08-20-2016, 11:17 AM
I with you not heating it up in a traditional way, microwave, boil, etc.. I swear I seen this topic before months ago, and it was recommended to set the jar in the sun, lid on. I am pretty sure it was here on AGO, it has to be, this is the only place I ever came to for info since starting my addiction.

Loach
08-20-2016, 01:08 PM
I have the 100ml size and the entire top half of the jar was a rock hard crust with zero wax transfer when swiping the pad in. I pushed all the way down with my finger and was able to get into a slightly softer wax layer. So I broke up that crust layer into many smaller pieces and then started mixing everything together with a spoon until the clumps were gone. Took a little bit of time but I was able to get a nice consistent and usable texture. It's been a few months since I've touched it and the crust hasn't returned.