PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Uber Wheel Cleaner 3.0 First try - Totally Impressed!!!

LSNAutoDetailing
08-19-2016, 10:02 PM
Tonight I tried WGUWC 3.0 which came with my "The Belt". (yes, I look like a geek wearing "the belt")...
I tried it on a set of wheels that had been recently cleaned with GG Heavy Duty Wheel Cleaner just two weeks ago.
I figured, WG isn't going to find much... OMG!!!

The wheels started bleeding, the barrels had pools of dark muck, and the longer I let it dwell, the more muck pools (yes, that's a technical term) I got!!!!
With a bucket filled w/ D114 (1:256) wheel woolies and Daytona Speed Brushes, I went to work and cleaned the wheels in a 1/2 the time I normally take and they came out amazing!!! This is on a 9 year old DD w/ 141K miles! The wheels look like new inside and out (sorry no pics...)

All I can say is, I'm highly impressed. To think these wheels were just cleaned two weeks ago with GG HD Wheel Cleaner and WG found more gunk to get off.
Little mounds of tar stuck in the barrels came off effortlessly!!!

More importantly, it meets my criteria: safe for all wheels including, chrome, aluminum, clear coated, anodized, billet, and painted wheels. It’s even safe for painted and chrome wheel covers!

Truly impressed.

Mad Wax
08-19-2016, 11:53 PM
Awesome....I've been looking for a good wheel cleaner that's safe for everything.

dcjredline
08-20-2016, 12:28 AM
Too bad you didnt take some pictures so we could really enjoy this thread. :(

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
08-20-2016, 12:58 AM
It is an incredible wheel cleaner. Even more so that it is safe for all wheels.

:postpics:

Dan Tran
08-20-2016, 05:27 AM
I bought this as my first wheel cleaner from autogeek back when I was just a hobbyist.

Since starting the business I have tried other brands, Griots Garage a being one of them. I was on a mission to search for cheaper stuff which is nothing wrong for whoever is doing so. But the best thing I like about this product is IT JUST GETS THINGS DONE.

I wholeheartedly can state that (based on my personal arsenal) NOTHING comes close to the results of WG.

Truthfully, it was hard searching backwards meaning (IMO) "I had the best to me" all along.

I am currently compiling a list of things to buy soon.

This item is DEFINITELY on the short list.

LSNAutoDetailing
08-20-2016, 06:45 AM
Too bad you didnt take some pictures so we could really enjoy this thread. :(

Here is an after... Not bad for 9 years old and 141k miles of northern New England driving.

LSNAutoDetailing
08-20-2016, 06:48 AM
I bought this as my first wheel cleaner from autogeek back when I was just a hobbyist.

Since starting the business I have tried other brands, Griots Garage a being one of them. I was on a mission to search for cheaper stuff which is nothing wrong for whoever is doing so. But the best thing I like about this product is IT JUST GETS THINGS DONE.

I wholeheartedly can state that (based on my personal arsenal) NOTHING comes close to the results of WG.

Truthfully, it was hard searching backwards meaning (IMO) "I had the best to me" all along.

I am currently compiling a list of things to buy soon.

This item is DEFINITELY on the short list.

I agree, I still love the GG, but being a business owner, even though I'm impressed with WG, the cost is nearly double, and on a product that I go through the most.