PDA

View Full Version : Soap vs rinseless

Pages : [1] 2

frankprozzoly
08-19-2016, 05:10 PM
I did a traditional soapy wash today with meguiars hyper wash. It’s certainly slicker washing with soap. I used my thick rinseless wash towels to wash. I noticed that it's much harder to see the dirt on the towel using soap which can be deceiving. I do one swipe with rinseless then flip. You can be a little brave with soap or a little toooo brave. Just an observation

Klasse Act
08-19-2016, 07:31 PM
I haven't done a soap and water wash in about 5 years, waterless and rinseless for me here on out. Even when I get another house and have a hose I see NO reason to use soap and water ever again!

FUNX650
08-19-2016, 07:37 PM
•You picked an awesome car-wash shampoo
to use for a traditional car-washing session! :props:

•Even D110's name describes
its characteristics perfectly:
-Yes...It's "Hyper"...but without
ever being flibbertigibbety.

Bob

spazzz
08-19-2016, 07:38 PM
I did a 2 bucket with Reset this past weekend just to break it up.
I definitely know what you are saying.
Chenille mitts rinsed a lot, after a couple wipes, works for me.

Over all I like rinseless washes better but sometimes I don't feel like messing with the rags.

cleanfreak3
08-19-2016, 07:44 PM
I haven't done a soap and water wash in about 5 years, waterless and rinseless for me here on out. Even when I get another house and have a hose I see NO reason to use soap and water ever again!

Even if your vehicle is soiled from a long road trip?

The Guz
08-19-2016, 07:50 PM
I did a 2 bucket with Reset this past weekend just to break it up.
I definitely know what you are saying.
Chenille mitts rinsed a lot, after a couple wipes, works for me.

Over all I like rinseless washes better but sometimes I don't feel like messing with the rags.

ONR and the big red sponge. You will thank me later with the number of towels I saved you.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
08-19-2016, 08:24 PM

If you do not let your car get too dirty rinseless is a very nice option.

However sometimes you do need a hose and a 2 bucket wash to get heavier embedded dirt and grime off, also sometimes on certain dirt application it is not safe for a rinseless wash.

I let a mercury mountaineer sit under a tree for 2 months, after I polished it clayed it and sealed it.

And I had to wash the car twice from embedded dirt.

However i am more then sure you wash your car weekly lol, and with rinseless that's the best option is to not let your car get to excessively dirty. They are very effective and easier to wash in direct sunlight than a traditional wash. As you don't get water spots because one panel at a time!

Klasse Act
08-19-2016, 08:29 PM
Even if your vehicle is soiled from a long road trip?
Well in that case I will run the car through a touch free wash or rinse it down at the quarter carwash. I make the trip down to the Tail of the Dragon once a year and this is what I do. I also bring a bucket and some RW and never go anywhere without plenty of edgeless plush mf towels, so I keep it clean while on the road, even bring my 2 gallon hand pump for the wheels and tires too...obsessed, YEP[emoji12]

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Joe@NextLevelDetail
08-19-2016, 08:32 PM
Well in that case I will run the car through a touch free wash or rinse it down at the quarter carwash. I make the trip down to the Tail of the Dragon once a year and this is what I do. I also bring a bucket and some RW and never go anywhere without plenty of edgeless plush mf towels, so I keep it clean while on the road, even bring my 2 gallon hand pump for the wheels and tires too...obsessed, YEP[emoji12]

I like your style.

Klasse Act
08-19-2016, 08:42 PM
I like your style.
Thanks Joe, I only know one way...CLEAN AS YOU GO!

Real Riders
08-20-2016, 12:08 AM
I hand washed over 100 cars in the last three weeks and washed every car with car soap using the two bucket method and a Synthetic Sheepskin Wash Mitt. The cars were all dried with a Water Sprite Chamois using ONRww as a drying aid from a pump sprayer. On my personal vehicles I rarely wash with soap. I Rinseless Wash the cars about 4 times a week with McKees 37 Rinseless Wash or ONRww using an Autogeek Rinseless Wash Mitt and dry each panel with a 16x16 Microfiber Towel

BadgerRivFan
08-20-2016, 08:52 AM
I Rinseless Wash the cars about 4 times a week with McKees 37 Rinseless Wash or ONRww using an Autogeek Rinseless Wash Mitt and dry each panel with a 16x16 Microfiber Towel

4 times a week? Now that IS obsessed!

cleanfreak3
08-20-2016, 09:09 AM

Any issues with water spots after going to the quarter wash??

Eldorado2k
08-20-2016, 09:26 AM

Those quarter wash bays have a low pressure "spot free final rinse" setting which uses deionized water.. If you were in a super hurry, or an average Joe who doesn't sweat the details, you could/should be able to drive off without even drying the car and not have to worry about water spots etching into your paint.

Klasse Act
08-20-2016, 09:35 AM
Well for me the quarter wash is literally around the corner from me so I don't worry about that. When I'm done getting the top layer of dirt off of the car and rinse it off, I stand further back and create a mist, this way there's a million little beads. By the time I get home I do a RW and I'm all set, no problems.

It seems water spots are in areas where the city water isn't so "city".