PDA

View Full Version : Rupes MKII 15 - Considering Purchasing - will GG BOSS pads work with it?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

LittleKing24
08-19-2016, 04:53 PM
Hi LK, sadly we had a family emergency come up which will require attention in September, and plan on taking the May 2017 class.

Sorry to hear about that. Hope all is well.

swanicyouth
08-19-2016, 04:55 PM
I'd recommend Rupes pads for many reasons that have been mentioned over and over on this forum previously.

However, I'm sure the Boss pads will work fine. Look at the Boss machine vrs Rupes - it didn't come to be by serendipity. Neither did the pads.

Also, I have the machine and love it.

WaxMaster1
08-19-2016, 05:49 PM
Thanks Marc. Evidence is starting to mount that I should be fine... aside from balance. But given the BOSS pads have a center hole, I'm assuming that is for both heat & balance...

My pleasure.

You definitely will be fine with regards to the BOSS pads matching the diameter of the Rupes BP.

The Rupes pads have a center hole as well.

I've been using the Buff and Shine Low Pro pad (they have a center hole too) on my Bigfoot 15mm and like them and I also use the LC Thin Pro pads too. I guess when I need to buy some more pads, I may try the Griot's pads as well.

choijw2
08-19-2016, 06:13 PM
I use BOSS pads on my Rupes 21 all the time.

Same here,

I use boss pads on Mark 1 21es and love it!!

idriveblackcars
08-19-2016, 06:19 PM
After a few months of getting use to my 15 mk2 I can pretty much use any pad/product combo with great success. There was a small learning curve but my machine never ever stalls and I don't eat up pads.

However I will say you should at least try some Rupes pads out. Even with the GG inventory you own,the Rupes system works extremely well.

Zubair
08-19-2016, 07:48 PM
I love the white Boss pads on my Rupes.

WRAPT C5Z06
08-19-2016, 07:59 PM
The Rupes 7" pads are too big and bulky, IMO

Joe@NextLevelDetail
08-19-2016, 08:18 PM
Only Rupes pad I like is the yellow.

I actually love it.

The rupes foam cutting pads, not for me. Can't get used to them no matter how hard I try.

Very stiff and very odd to manipulate in curvy tricky areas. I can out cut a Rupes cutting foam pad with a yellow pad on a tricky curved panel.

Also the rupes foam cutting pads are strictly designed for their polishes and systems, due to their unique open cell technology.

Other polishes can cause the pad to blow up and deteriorate at a faster pace. With the yellow rupes pad that is not the case, you can pretty much use any polish with no issues as I have been using the yellow rupes pad for years.

Give me boss microfiber cutting pads, megs microfiber cutting pads. Yellow rupes pad, boss correcting and perfecting and I can get anything done.

Sizzle Chest
08-19-2016, 09:50 PM
Paul, you will be fine. I use them all the time on my Rupes 21 MkII. Let us know how you like them!

lane5515
08-19-2016, 09:58 PM

I actually love it.

The rupes foam cutting pads, not for me. Can't get used to them no matter how hard I try.

Very stiff and very odd to manipulate in curvy tricky areas. I can out cut a Rupes cutting foam pad with a yellow pad on a tricky curved panel.

Also the rupes foam cutting pads are strictly designed for their polishes and systems, due to their unique open cell technology.

Other polishes can cause the pad to blow up and deteriorate at a faster pace. With the yellow rupes pad that is not the case, you can pretty much use any polish with no issues as I have been using the yellow rupes pad for years.

Give me boss microfiber cutting pads, megs microfiber cutting pads. Yellow rupes pad, boss correcting and perfecting and I can get anything done.

Right on Joe! :iagree:

LSNAutoDetailing
08-19-2016, 10:13 PM
Well, I ordered my Rupes LHR MKII tonight. Danielle at AG was very helpful.
Also waiting for a new G15 from GG... (sadly my G15 met it's demise during a detail last Sat...)
But the folks at GG are quick to help and should have one out to me next week (I hope!!!) :-)

With the investment in BOSS pads, in addition the gazillion LC CCS pads I have, I couldn't see needing to purchase yet another pad.

Everyone has been kind and helpful!

Cheers!

Eldorado2k
08-19-2016, 10:30 PM
Good thread. It's always a pleasure to see unbiased, honest feedback involving both machines and which techniques and combos we've found to work great.👍🏽

The Guz
08-19-2016, 10:35 PM

I actually love it.

I agree with you on the Rupes pads being stiff especially on curved surfaces.

Meguiar's polishes work fine on the Rupes pads. I used them with no issues. Others that contain high solvents can cause issues with them like Menzerna FG400. But you are correct that the pads were designed around the Rupes polishes.

WRAPT C5Z06
08-20-2016, 05:35 AM
Any water based polish will work just fine with Rupes pads.

WRAPT C5Z06
08-20-2016, 05:41 AM
I agree with you on the Rupes pads being stiff especially on curved surfaces.

Meguiar's polishes work fine on the Rupes pads. I used them with no issues. Others that contain high solvents can cause issues with them like Menzerna FG400. But you are correct that the pads were designed around the Rupes polishes.
FG400 is more so water based, not high in solvents.