PDA

View Full Version : Deep gloss paint sealant question

wn1998
08-19-2016, 10:17 AM
Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant and like to use a spray wax such as meguiars express wax as a final wipe down an hour or so after I apply the wdgps. Is this hurting the sealant? I just like the final wipe down after I apply to make sure there isn't any residue.

what do you think?

vobro
08-19-2016, 10:25 AM
Directions say to avoid moisture for 12 hours, if you let it haze there will be no residue. Easiest sealant to use

Dan Tran
08-19-2016, 10:33 AM
Directions say to avoid moisture for 12 hours, if you let it haze there will be no residue. Easiest sealant to use

I second that last statement.

I applied it on thin and when it was time to wipe off, I was like "Did I even apply the sealant?"

I am speaking off of my own first time experience with this product. This product almost seemed like it got better by the hour as it was curing.

My car feels WAYYYYY SMOOTHER than the temper-glass screen protector on my smartphone.

MarkD51
08-19-2016, 10:48 AM
I second that last statement.

I applied it on thin and when it was time to wipe off, I was like "Did I even apply the sealant?"

I am speaking off of my own first time experience with this product. This product almost seemed like it got better by the hour as it was curing.

My car feels WAYYYYY SMOOTHER than the temper-glass screen protector on my smartphone.

IMO, and others as well, there's no "Almost gets better as time passes", it does definitely get better! I've noticed that the reflections become more pronounced, sharper, wetter looking with further cure time.

rajon
08-19-2016, 11:03 AM
I just applied Wolfgag Fuzion two weeks after applying DGPS and it looks fantastic. WGDP looks great on it's own but like everyone above said it is stupid easy to apply and let it cure for 12 hours.

FUNX650
08-19-2016, 11:21 AM
Directions say to avoid moisture for 12 hours

^^^ True ^^^

Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant and like
to use a spray wax such as meguiars express
wax as a final wipe down an hour or so after
I apply the wdgps.

Is this hurting the sealant?

I just like the final wipe down after I apply
to make sure there isn't any residue.

what do you think?

Meguiar's Express Wax contains lots of
water: anywhere from 88-98%, by weight.

As such; and, in order to achieve the best
results for the WDGPS:
I'd wait 'til the 12 hour moisture-free time
has elapsed to apply this Meguiar's product.

Bob

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
08-19-2016, 11:45 AM
As mentioned above, wait the recommended time before performing a wipe-down.

I would pick up the new Wolfgang Fuzion Spray wax to compliment the DGPS...
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/new-car-care-products/104048-review-how-wolfgang-fuzion-spray-wax.html

Pristine Image
08-19-2016, 01:41 PM
I'm also a big fan of Wolfgang's Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. Breeze to put on with amazing results. FYI, it was the LSP for the truck in my avatar.

Bobby B.
08-19-2016, 03:11 PM
Wait 12 hours for the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant to cure before applying the Meguiar's Express Wax.