PDA

View Full Version : Express review: Wolfgang Finishing Glaze and DGPS

Dan Tran
08-18-2016, 03:39 PM
Hello all,

Gave my car an interior and exterior detail today so I will turn this into a show and shine...(SHINE INDEED!) and thoughts about the product.

History, I bought these two Wolfgang products back early 2016 and just haven't had a reason to use it because I have been pleased with the results from Meguiar's products (M205/M21 sealant). Also, I don't have experience with anything else except Meguiar's since I started my business so I don't know exactly if this is a true side by side comparison. But either way...

Well... All of that is history (personally for me). You see.... NOW I CAN SAY I AM BLOWN AWAY!

Please be mindful these were used on my personal vehicle and results will vary otherwise.

Slowly I have been trying new things from Wolfgang, but I am officially a HUGE FAN FOR SURE!

I wish you all were here to see what I was able see during the entire process... My car has never looked this good. My wife who can care less otherwise stated "EVEN I AM IMPRESSED!"

Regardless of A vs. B, Meguiar's does know what they are doing. This is more my speed: User friendly; I didn't hack up a lung/ no dusting at all. It was weather friendly (for the most part the sun was out and temperatures reading at 90). The list goes on..

Well onward to the show and shine:

I hope you enjoyed the results just as much as I have.

Happy detailing!

MarkD51
08-18-2016, 05:16 PM
The Meguiars products you mention are good, I have used them, but was a bigger lover of the older M20 Pro Poly Sealant back in the day. And surely not one gosh darn thing bad to say about M205. Really good product hands down IMO.

But yep, the Wolfgang products, while have gotten even more uber pricey than 2-3 years back, I've used many as you have. Time never stands still in businesses, costs increase across the board.

But I have found so far "any" WG product I have bought has lived up to its claims, and has exceeded my wary, and very critical expectations.

With WGDGPS 3.0, I note that the application looks fantastic right after, and even looks better after some hours of cure time. As the saying goes, simple that even a caveman can use it, and get fantastic dripping wet results.

And the others, the pad cleaning solutions, the pad conditioners, the tire dressings, the WETS, you name it, all will perform as expected, and then some.

Pinnacle, another great line. I've also noted, that all of these PBMG products also have a quite durable shelf life. No PBMG product that I've ever bought in a good 3-1/2 years plus has ever gone bad or funny, where I had to toss anything in the trash, or call out AG, or Autopia for a complaint, or wanting a return-refund. Trust that if such ever occurred, with such any product you "don't like", the folks here will back you big time. (Why do you think I'm a loyal customer, and forum contributor of thiers?)

Pinnacle Crystal Mist Spray Detailer..... A great topper after a wash with a coat of WG Sealant. Yeah, not cheap, but I've personally had a measly little 2 oz sample last me quite a long time. Pricey, yep, great product again, "Oh yeah!" :-)

MarkD51
08-18-2016, 05:25 PM
As for products like Wolfgang Pad Cleaner that I have, as well as Pinnacle XMT.

I have gone the "cheap route", trying home made brews of APC, Dawn, I tried many. Not that good at all I found by comparison, and was washing out soap suds for days.

I probably threw more money in water down the drain with rinsing that each pad cost, to rid the soaps from the pads, and no combo I tried worked as good IMO as a PBMG Pad Cleaner product.

Sometimes in life, you learn things the easy way, and some times the hard way.