PDA

View Full Version : Fresh coat of colinite 845 :o

srpurdy
08-18-2016, 08:02 AM
First time using this wax. I'm quite impressed. The beads are amazing for this price, and the quality is just mind blowing for such a low cost product.

Pictures don't lie!

Setec Astronomy
08-18-2016, 08:06 AM
Yeah, sometimes you can't beat old-school, eh?

srpurdy
08-18-2016, 08:26 AM
Yeah, sometimes you can't beat old-school, eh?

Yeah they don't make things like they used too I guess haha. :)

Stegs
08-18-2016, 08:29 AM
Welcome to the 845 club LOL

Ive used $40+ dollar waxes, they dont do any better than collinite 845.

I dont care about the basic bottle, no flashy logo. It works, plain and simple

Paul A.
08-18-2016, 08:30 AM
I also like its durability.

Setec Astronomy
08-18-2016, 09:00 AM
Yeah they don't make things like they used too I guess haha. :)

Well, they don't make 845 like they used to--I'm still working on my stash of pre-VOC 845 (about 10 years ago they changed the solvent to comply with new VOC regs).

AZpolisher15
08-19-2016, 12:04 AM
Well, they don't make 845 like they used to--I'm still working on my stash of pre-VOC 845 (about 10 years ago they changed the solvent to comply with new VOC regs).

Just curious- do you notice a difference in the product pre vs post voc reg change?

Jowillie
08-19-2016, 05:32 AM
Sounds good. Tell me about average durability.

GSKR
08-19-2016, 05:44 AM
Nice product for te money.

Setec Astronomy
08-19-2016, 07:08 AM
Just curious- do you notice a difference in the product pre vs post voc reg change?

I don't know, as I said, I'm still working on my stash of pre-VOC, so I've never tried the newer (current) version. As with most of this stuff, there was a lot of paranoia that the new version wouldn't be as good, but that doesn't seem to have happened in this case.

AZpolisher15
08-19-2016, 04:54 PM
I don't know, as I said, I'm still working on my stash of pre-VOC, so I've never tried the newer (current) version. As with most of this stuff, there was a lot of paranoia that the new version wouldn't be as good, but that doesn't seem to have happened in this case.

Having smelled the current stuff, I can't even imagine what the first version smelled like.

Setec Astronomy
08-19-2016, 07:22 PM
Having smelled the current stuff, I can't even imagine what the first version smelled like.

I don't know that the smell has anything to do with it, it would be the change from a smog-inducing solvent to a (probably more expensive) less smog-inducing solvent, which could smell better or worse.

Klasse Act
08-19-2016, 07:29 PM
Well now that you've put your toe in the water, check out #476 double coat from Collinite! Two years ago I used this product going into winter and it did an awesome job, we had one of the worst winters on record that year too. This product goes a looooooong way too, apply thin to the entire car and then remove, no effort and no dust and if there's any dust, you applied too much. Collinite, along with Klasse and DG are going to be my go products in the near future. I will always try something new or review something for someone if I win a contest but in my 5 years on the site, Collinite, Klasse and DG are all I really need.

Larry A
08-19-2016, 07:43 PM
Well now that you've put your toe in the water, check out #476 double coat from Collinite! Two years ago I used this product going into winter and it did an awesome job, we had one of the worst winters on record that year too. This product goes a looooooong way too, apply thin to the entire car and then remove, no effort and no dust and if there's any dust, you applied too much. Collinite, along with Klasse and DG are going to be my go products in the near future. I will always try something new or review something for someone if I win a contest but in my 5 years on the site, Collinite, Klasse and DG are all I really need.

Your right, I havent used to much Klasse, but Duragloss and Collinite are top notch