PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Souveran as a QD? help with drying?

makdaddy626
10-28-2007, 07:09 PM
Can you use Liquid Souveran to help with drying? After using a leaf blower to remove most of the water?

I notice the instruction say to apply to a clean DRY car...

DantheMan
10-28-2007, 07:13 PM
I've never tried it like that.. It really requires a second swipe with a MF to get it to disappear, so I really wouldn't recommend it that way. Crystal mist is more suited for what you're wanting I believe.

Rsurfer
10-28-2007, 07:15 PM
Can you use Liquid Souveran to help with drying? After using a leaf blower to remove most of the water?

I notice the instruction say to apply to a clean DRY car...Liquid Souveran is a wax, use cystal mist for a qd, there are alot of other QD's.

makdaddy626
10-28-2007, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the fast responses guys. Just to clarify, I'm talking about the spray wax rather than just the liquid wax, if that makes a difference. I have Souveran paste on the truck right now, and a bottle of the liquid souveran spray wax, but no crystal mist... Should I use a different QD to aid with drying and then top that with the spray souveran?

Rsurfer
10-28-2007, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the fast responses guys. Just to clarify, I'm talking about the spray wax rather than just the liquid wax, if that makes a difference. I have Souveran paste on the truck right now, and a bottle of the liquid souveran spray wax, but no crystal mist... Should I use a different QD to aid with drying and then top that with the spray souveran?SSW is like a booster to the paste inbetween waxing. Crystal mist is a quick detailer with nuba and will help protect the souveran. You can alternate between SSW and CW if you wish. Either product would be good after washing.

DantheMan
10-28-2007, 07:34 PM
Yeah I'd use another quick detailer to aid in drying, then use the spray as a booster every couple of weeks.

Rsurfer
10-28-2007, 07:39 PM
For slickness, gloss and price IMO you can't beat FK425.:D

Jimmie
10-28-2007, 08:08 PM

I notice the instruction say to apply to a clean DRY car...

I'd opt for the QD while drying but only because I wouldn't want to dilute the properties of the more expensive Spray Souveran. If it can be added to water and work it makes me wonder if a capful or two could be added to a bottle of QD to amp it up. Hope we find out. I do the same thing as you with the drying: leaf blower-QD-guzzler.

supercharged
10-29-2007, 12:33 AM
Liquid Souveran - NO, Spray Souveran - NO.
Crystal Mist - YES!