PDA

View Full Version : Can I apply wax after I applied ceramic coating?

mangahaspaulo
08-16-2016, 06:11 PM
Hey guys im a little bit curious, if i can apply wax after i coat it with ceramic and can i apply ceramic coating in a newly painted car? thanks in advance!

FUNX650
08-16-2016, 06:41 PM
if i can apply wax after i coat it with ceramic

•Yes you can; but, let me ask you
this question:

-If you applied the Coating, to have its
characteristics be the ones protecting
the vehicle's surfaces...why would you
want to defeat that purpose by covering
them up with a Wax?

•After all of the time, money, and efforts that
are spent on the processes involved in Coating
a vehicle...I sure would want all of the Coating's
characteristics to be fully realized. YMMV.

and can i apply ceramic coating
in a newly painted car?

Yes...Once the new paint has fully cured.
Check with the painter for that necessary
amount of curing time.

Bob

Mike lambert
08-16-2016, 06:42 PM
You can certainly wax over a coating. You're wasting time and product as it won't last very long. You may get smears or streaking as the wax will stick in some areas and not in others. That being said, there are waxes designed to be put over coatings. I use on that is not sold here but I believe AG sells one? Ask whoever painted the car how long you need to wait before coating fresh paint.

The Guz
08-16-2016, 07:09 PM
What coating? But I agree with Mike.

mangahaspaulo
08-16-2016, 10:19 PM
If ever i will be using the exo coating and then i'll wax it with pinnacle or mother's pure carnuba. It's just that waxing became my hobby and i don't want to lose it.

kevincwelch
08-16-2016, 10:37 PM
Waste of time and it just risks marring the finish.

If you gotta top a coating with something, use a spray wax or sealant as a drying aid.

Sent via my mobile device...

The Guz
08-16-2016, 10:43 PM
If ever i will be using the exo coating and then i'll wax it with pinnacle or mother's pure carnuba. It's just that waxing became my hobby and i don't want to lose it.

You won't lose the hobby. There are other things to keep you busy. Interior, wheels and tires come to mind.

Have you seen the crystal serum light and exo combo?

GTechniq EXO and CSL Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/gtechniq-exo-csl-kit.html)

You can maintain it with this if you enjoy waxing.

GTechniq C2v3 Liquid Crystal (http://www.autogeek.net/gtechniq-c2-liquid-crystal.html)

Other than that I would not bother with a carnuaba wax.

LC DETAIL
08-17-2016, 05:53 AM
My go to toping in my coatings ( cq FINEST, Csl , PBL...) is c2v3 diluited 1:3 after every wash as aid methode

MAURI-MOTOR

07rs
08-17-2016, 06:13 AM
I top my coated cars with carpro hydrofoam

rsflores05
08-17-2016, 06:32 AM
You really should wait about a month after a new paint job to apply any type of wax, sealant etc to let it finish curing and releasing all of its gases

Desertnate
08-17-2016, 08:21 AM
If you really enjoy the process and time spent waxing your car, why not stick with that as your LSP and forgo the coating?

Nor Cal ZL1
08-17-2016, 08:32 AM
There are only a few hybrid waxes that play well with coatings. Most of them are very expensive and contain coating elements, blended with carnuba. The one I use is .ore or less a coating in itself.

Most other products will not work well and look like a lazy wax job in a few day after application, streaking a lot and generally you will wish you didn't apply anything over the coating at all. This also applies to most products that contain polymers, such as ONR, Ultima + etc, or any soaps containing wax products.

It is best to stick with products that are designed for use in maintaining coatings as provided by Gyeon, Car Pro, Gtechniq, etc.

I will add that Meguires D114 makes an excellent rinse less/ water less wash for coated cars. I tried it as a rec from someone here and it is excellent, no streaking or hazing polymers with 114, just pure and clean.

mangahaspaulo
08-17-2016, 10:27 AM
You really should wait about a month after a new paint job to apply any type of wax, sealant etc to let it finish curing and releasing all of its gases

So you think i've shouldn't wax it? I already waxed it last weekend. Do you think it won't let the paint breath? I've used pinnacle then top it with mothers but I'm planning to clay it to remove the wax if ever its bad for the paint.

mangahaspaulo
08-17-2016, 10:34 AM
And guys another question, how does ceramic coating evaporates or how does it disappear can the naked eye see it? i'm just curious will it look a peeling top coat? Picture is just from google not really my ride