PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to XMT 180

turbo92
08-16-2016, 02:09 PM
A few years ago I became a fan of Pinnacle XMT 180 paste wax. It was easy on, easy off, and looked great. Unfortunately it's no longer available. I've used most OTC waxes, and currently use Collonite 476s, but none of them are quite the same. The 476 looks alright, but not as good as I remember the XMT looking, and it's definitely a less pleasant experience to use.

I saw the xmt line had been replaced with McKee's 37, and noticed Mckee's Trademark wax, but at $50/8oz, it's considerably more expensive. I'm looking closer to the $25 range.

Anyone here have experience with XMT 180 wax, and know of something similar?

Nick McKees37
08-16-2016, 02:20 PM
A few years ago I became a fan of Pinnacle XMT 180 paste wax. It was easy on, easy off, and looked great. Unfortunately it's no longer available. I've used most OTC waxes, and currently use Collonite 476s, but none of them are quite the same. The 476 looks alright, but not as good as I remember the XMT looking, and it's definitely a less pleasant experience to use.

I saw the xmt line had been replaced with McKee's 37, and noticed Mckee's Trademark wax, but at $50/8oz, it's considerably more expensive. I'm looking closer to the $25 range.

Anyone here have experience with XMT 180 wax, and know of something similar?

Here's what I tell people...if you liked XMT 180, then you'll LOVE McKee's 37 Trademark.

*YES* it's more expensive ($49.99 versus $35.00), but it's easier to apply and remove, less product is required overall (which helps the cost justification) plus it looks better and leaves the paint even slicker.

You won't regret it. :dblthumb2:

turbo92
08-16-2016, 03:13 PM
Here's what I tell people...if you liked XMT 180, then you'll LOVE McKee's 37 Trademark.

*YES* it's more expensive ($49.99 versus $35.00), but it's easier to apply and remove, less product is required overall (which helps the cost justification) plus it looks better and leaves the paint even slicker.

You won't regret it. :dblthumb2:

Sorry, but I'm just not going to spend $50 for one 8oz tub (I didn't spend $35 for the XMT either). Maybe I'll try it out if if I notice it's BOGO some day.

ScottH
08-16-2016, 03:21 PM
Turbo92 I am also a huge fan of XMT180 (see my Show and Shine posts which often feature it as the LSP) and purchased a few cans before it ran out of production. So although I still have some left, like you I've had my eye out for something to replace it once I run out. From a price/performance perspective, Griot's Best of Show paste is spot on. Goes on and removes easier than 180, and leaves behind a stunning shine. And in all fairness, I also bought McKee's 37 Trademark and I would say that it's right up there with Pinnacle SSII (albeit twice the price of Griot's Best of Show paste). The McKee's 37 is usually reserved for my wife's Audi A4 :-).

ScottH

ScottH

JeffM
08-16-2016, 05:35 PM
If its similar to max wax that stuff was great.

psychout777
08-16-2016, 06:50 PM
Poxy. Good bang for the buck and super easy to use.Apply it to the whole car, then start removing. Wipes off super easy.

custmsprty
08-16-2016, 07:00 PM
Sorry, but I'm just not going to spend $50 for one 8oz tub (I didn't spend $35 for the XMT either). Maybe I'll try it out if if I notice it's BOGO some day.

This is an excellent Nuba for the money and it's on sale! $21.24

Chemical Guys XXX Hard Core Carnauba Paste Wax + Advanced Polymers (http://www.autogeek.net/chemical-guys-carnauba-paste-wax.html)

And Pete's 53 is too and for the $$ it's still one of the best "nubas" I've used.

Chemical Guys Pete's 53'-Pearl Signature Paste Wax 8 oz (http://www.autogeek.net/chemical-guys-petes-53-paste-wax.html)

And Poor Boy's Natty rocks too and it's in your budget. I have all three and have used them many times.

Poorboys Nattys Paste Wax: Finally, an easy-to-apply Carnauba that can be used in direct sunlight! carnauba paste wax, nattys carnauba wax, poorboys (http://www.autogeek.net/pbnpw.html)

I had XMT180 and being honest, I liked all three of the above better.

Mantilgh
08-16-2016, 08:01 PM
I rarely use paste waxes, but have often though about picking up this.

S100 Carnauba Wax (http://www.autogeek.net/s1capawax.html)

I have heard goood things about this and P21S.

KBsToy
08-17-2016, 08:15 AM
Griots finishing sealant...