PDA

View Full Version : Detail Fest 2017 - dates and location

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Setec Astronomy
08-24-2016, 02:56 PM
I've never been to detail fest and always been planning to go. It seems as if the new location will add an awesome flavor to the mix of the event but somehow a couple of things would get lost. Those things being:

1. being able to take a tour of AG's facilities which of course includes the garage where all the detailing magic has been happening for so long

I was going to suggest maybe a shuttle bus from the convention center for Autogeek tours, but I just mapped it and it is over a half-hour away.

Perhaps there will be some other arrangements, that's got to be one of the highlights of the visit, but perhaps that's the price of progress.

Meghan
09-23-2016, 12:35 PM
Plans are going smoothly and we are getting excited for DF 2017!

Jaretr1
09-23-2016, 01:14 PM
Any news on hotels??

runrun411
09-23-2016, 01:40 PM
I was going to suggest maybe a shuttle bus from the convention center for Autogeek tours, but I just mapped it and it is over a half-hour away.

Perhaps there will be some other arrangements, that's got to be one of the highlights of the visit, but perhaps that's the price of progress.

Seeing the AG facilities is a must for me. I just couldn't imagine being in the same town and not stopping by for a tour.

Meghan
09-23-2016, 02:30 PM
Any news on hotels??
Yes I just received three today, by next week I should have all the options for you.

Seeing the AG facilities is a must for me. I just couldn't imagine being in the same town and not stopping by for a tour.
Headquarters is in Stuart and show will be in West Palm but you are welcome to set up a time to come up and I will give you a tour.

Shane731
10-18-2016, 04:59 PM
Any idea when hotel options will be announced? I would like to try to go next year if I can - haven't been in years.

Shane731
10-20-2016, 04:36 PM
Any idea when hotel options will be announced? I would like to try to go next year if I can - haven't been in years.

Bump

axel06
10-20-2016, 11:38 PM
following,, cant wait for the details.......

rlmccarty2000
10-24-2016, 08:31 PM
Yep, need that hotel info, asap. Please.

Shane731
10-25-2016, 02:54 PM
Yep, need that hotel info, asap. Please.

:iagree: :whs:

cyberdemonbfg
01-02-2017, 04:48 PM
I have been going to this event,every year,since 2008 and it was really enjoying.It's a shame i won't be going anymore since the location has moved to West Palm Beach.The last time i was down there in that area(specifically,Okeechobee Boulevard) at a lot of traffic light crossings on the median was pan handlers and hookers.My friend and i pulled into a restaurant and out in the parking lot a man came up to us and was insisted on us giving him money.When he saw that both of us were packing,he left.We also noticed that another man was going from car to car checking doors to see if they were unlocked.When he saw us observing him he left.I can understand Autogeek has grown and i guess more room is needed but Palm Beach isn't like it used to be and even the upscale hotels and area looks nice,it still is what it is.I'm sure no one cares if i attend the event or not but i just felt like stating my feelings.

GSKR
01-02-2017, 07:31 PM
I doubt there will be hookers and bums at the convention center.Its 35 minutes to pbc don't let the hookers get you bummed out.

kevincwelch
01-02-2017, 07:59 PM
Hookers and pan handlers? Sounds like downtown San Francisco! Or Chicago...Can't remember.

Still debating about going to this. Hard to get away, but would love to go to this event.

GSKR
01-02-2017, 08:11 PM
Palmbeach is simply beautiful and safe.The west side of okechobee rd is car dealer alley and some sections have that atomospher of feeling unsafe.The east side is loaded with skyscrapers and beautiful totally safe area.some of the best restaurants and exotic car heaven as daily drivers.If you are a car nut there is nothing in the world that is bigger than this.

Meghan
01-09-2017, 04:07 PM
Palmbeach is simply beautiful and safe.The west side of okechobee rd is car dealer alley and some sections have that atomospher of feeling unsafe.The east side is loaded with skyscrapers and beautiful totally safe area.some of the best restaurants and exotic car heaven as daily drivers.If you are a car nut there is nothing in the world that is bigger than this.

You are correct, I am in this area a lot, very nice, upscale high end area. In the past month alone I have been by convention center three times and happy to report I have not seen one bit of what was being discuss. For goodness sake the convention center is across the street from Ruth Chris Steak House and the Kravis Center for the Performing Arts. So I believe our other forum member posting must be confusing this area with somewhere else. I tend to be in this area a lot, we love to go to the Kravis not to mention the shopping in the area!!