PDA

View Full Version : Mother's crummy microfiber towel w/clay kit

mcate
08-12-2016, 09:17 PM
For years I've been buying Mother's clay bar kits because I really liked the plush microfiber that came with them. I bought a kit last Saturday, & the microfiber is like the ones that come in the $10 bag at Home Depot. Guess they're cutting back. Disappointing.

Guyb
08-12-2016, 10:32 PM
That's a shocker! Guess there is no need to buy the kit now as it was a decent deal.

derass
08-12-2016, 10:36 PM
Yup, I was disappointed by this too. The towel that came with the kit years ago was plush and high quality. The one that is included now is barely better than my cheap general-purpose towels. I use my Super Plush Deluxe (purple) towels for this now instead. I still find the kit to be worth the money though for the 2 clay bars and bottle of QD it includes.

mcate
08-12-2016, 11:18 PM
I wonder how the one with the Meg's kit is?

custmsprty
08-12-2016, 11:23 PM
Easy on The Home Depot, they write my paycheck.

mcate
08-12-2016, 11:38 PM
Easy on The Home Depot, they write my paycheck.

I've worked for them twice. Full time back in 07-08 right after I retired from the Navy, & part tim last year. Good company, treats Veterans well. But their microfiber is in my general purpose drawer!

VeloNYC
08-13-2016, 12:22 AM
Out of curiosity I got the kit a few weeks back from the @m@zon to my disappointment one the clays came scrambled, used and packed in the ziplock bag. I know only the one company produces the clay for Mothers and others but clay bar is like kid's dough comparing to Megs and Riccardo. The microfiber is thin and not as plush as the one comes with megs clay kit. I have the one since last time bought the clay kit in 2012, still use it sometimes.

idriveblackcars
08-13-2016, 05:32 AM
That clay kit never ever came with a good micro fiber towel. Neither does the OTC Megs

Bunky
08-13-2016, 05:45 AM
I have not purchased a recent kit but the towels in the prior kits were better than average.