PDA

View Full Version : A little angry right now!!!

chadcj7
08-11-2016, 08:20 PM
So I was on my way home from the store tonight in my truck. Only about 3 months old and I notice some arrows on trucks ahead of me saying to get over. Once I got closer I realized they were spraying paint in the center lanes. It just so happens that I had to get over and go through this paint. Had no idea it was wet

So as you can guess this is what I am angry about. There are small splatter spa mostly in the wheels wells on all 4 tires. Doesn't appear to be on the body paint or my wheels. This just frustrates me that they give very little warning and unless you are looking for it you are going to be stuck with paint on your car.

I am looking for some guidance on a safe way to remove this splatter from my truck. Not sure if it makes a difference but I have a F150 with the aluminum body. I tried Tarmonator on one spot with the limited light I had and it appears that it worked a little. I may truck using a fingernail or something as well since I tried that and it appeared that it helped a little.

Thanks in advance for the advice and listening to my small rant

M Porter
08-11-2016, 08:38 PM
The last vehicle that came in with paint on it, I tried Goof Off (graffiti remover) and a plastic razor blade with great success.

chadcj7
08-11-2016, 08:41 PM
Will plastic razors still scratch the paint? Also can I get them at Home Depot or Lowes?

GSKR
08-11-2016, 08:42 PM
Not to worry there are many solvents to remove.The faster you try to get it off the better.stick with the least agressive solvent first.Mike p had a thread not to long ago about removing topical contaminates,spray tarminator or Xenit on towel and cover the affected area for about a minute or two it sold soften the deposits quicker.

PaulMys
08-11-2016, 08:54 PM
Had an idiot kid we hired at my marina drive off with an open can of paint he was using to repaint our sign out front in the back of his truck because it was lunchtime. Damn closing the can, or cleaning up. It was lunchtime.

Anyway, we all (unknowingly) followed the moron down the road. I was faced with micro-blue splatter for months afterward. Good news is, they come off with clay, plastic razors (as the boys said above), and even a fingernail like you said.

You'll be dealing with this for about 6 months. You think you got it all, then......... There's ANOTHER spot.

GSKR
08-11-2016, 09:03 PM
Will plastic razors still scratch the paint? Also can I get them at Home Depot or Lowes?Everyone has there methods or opinions about removing paint.If you decide to use plastic blades there would be some great deal of polishing after.I would stick with chemical or a clay first.

PaulMys
08-11-2016, 09:10 PM
Everyone has there methods or opinions about removing paint.If you decide to use plastic blades there would be some great deal of polishing after.I would stick with chemical or a clay first.

Yup, should have clarified that I only used the plastic razors in my wheel wells.

Coopers ST
08-11-2016, 11:06 PM

I have used magic eraser to remove paint with Fantastic results. This was actually bed liner overspray, and a during, before after shot.

Don't know why it turned the pic sorry

sweatthedetails
08-12-2016, 03:15 AM
Tarminator and a bug brick will take it off quick.

rmagnus
08-12-2016, 05:42 AM
Another vote foe Tarminator and a paper towel. It will make quick work of it. You have a right to rant. F150s are expensive these days.

chadcj7
08-12-2016, 06:51 AM
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I will be tacking this, this weekend as with my work schedule and kids that is the quickest I can get to it. I already have the terminator and clay so I should be good to go.

I'm just glad that all of it is in the wheel wells and not on the wheels or body paint

I will keep everyone posted

GSKR
08-12-2016, 07:01 AM
Don't use them together the tarminator will destroy the clay.

GSKR
08-12-2016, 07:03 AM
If it's just on the wheels plastic razors with some glass cleaner should do it.

chadcj7
08-12-2016, 07:40 AM
it is not on the wheels. I will start with the least abrasive method. So therefor I will start with the clay and the terminator if that doesn't work

swanicyouth
08-12-2016, 07:47 AM
Don't use them together the tarminator will destroy the clay.

Yeah it will - but the combo works awesome some for removing junk like this.

Mebbe we need Jeff Suggs.