PDA

View Full Version : PC 7424 vs TORQ 10FX

aztec1987
08-11-2016, 06:52 PM
So through the years I been using my PC 7424 in which to be honest I think it does a really great job and I been content with the results. Recently I took advantage of a sale in which I decided to upgrade on to TORQ 10FX (I still have my 7424 in my arsenal). I have not yet used it on any car since I was laid off from my old job (thank you DHL) and I got a new job in which I work from 8-12 hours 6 days every other week. I decided to put my TORQ machine to the test by polishing my cigar humidor (I keep my Cuban cigars there) since it has some swirl marks. To be honest the machine did a great job, much less vibration compare to the 7424, a bit less noisy, but I did came to notice that the machine does tend to get pretty hot. I did started off with speed setting 1 and bump it up to speed setting 4 (Max setting I am guessing not content with it), I did not use the handle it comes with since I was hold the machine down with both hands (one on top and one at the bottom) in which came to notice that it got pretty hot. I never had this experience with my PC 7424, I did put the machine down at times to let it cool off for a bit, has anyone else experience or encounter this with the TORQ 10FX?

Jeremy1976
08-11-2016, 09:01 PM
How big is your humidor? Yes, it is normal. I previously had a 10fx. At higher speeds they will generate more heat.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

aztec1987
08-12-2016, 01:08 PM
The humidor is not big at all 17 X 10 X 5, it is a desktop humidor