PDA

View Full Version : Floor Mats: Need Assistance

ricka
10-27-2007, 02:45 PM
The Audi is barely 8 months old and there's already a wear mark from my heel next to the accelerator. Since its carpet mats, not sure how to prevent the wear getting worse. Really don't want to put in rubber ones.

Wondering if there's some sort of pad to affix to the mat so the heel doesn't dig into the carpet. Tried looking and can't find anything...

Thanks in advance.

Tex Star Detail
10-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Turn it upside down. Carpet side down. That is what I normally do.

I have a few clients that I turned OCD. Now they turn their mats upside down, put down a towel, (same color as the carpet), and top it off with a rubber mat.

Tonya
10-27-2007, 03:47 PM
put down a towel, (same color as the carpet)
:whs: Ricka I use a towel as well, I don't like the rubber mats. You just have to be careful getting in and out of the car. I never have a problem with it shifting, but my husband hates it! He can't get in and out without the towel ending up in a ball. But, I found a simple solution to that. I don't let him drive my car :D LOL

Jimmie
10-27-2007, 03:48 PM
We've put these over tan carpet in my wife's Maxima. They keep the same color theme working with all the protection. Easy to care. Just spray with APC and wipe clean. I love them.

Clear Floor Protector Mats By Lloyd (http://www.autogeek.net/llflprmac.html)

gary26
10-28-2007, 01:07 PM
I use Lloyd's clear protection matts myself. You can custom order them to fit your car exactly. They clean easy and have anti-slip which keeps them in place.