PDA

View Full Version : Good polish/compound for black SUV?

CC268
08-11-2016, 09:52 AM
Hey guys,

I have already had a few recommendations from several people on another thread of mine, but I would like to get some more feedback on good recommendations for a compound and polish for black paint (Ford Escape). Something that isn't crazy expensive - I have heard good things about the Wolfgang Swirl Remover and Menzerna products. Also had some suggestions for McKee's Fast Polish and Fast Compound.

I think a polish will be enough for this Escape as the paint is only 2 years old and has been taken care of relatively well, but I think it would be a good thing to have a compound on hand for later if need be.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
08-11-2016, 10:00 AM
Start off with the McKee's 37 line of compound/polish/AIO. You can pick and choose what will be needed as per what your test spot reveals.

These three will start you off well providing incredible ease of use with great results without breaking the bank.

Marc08EX
08-11-2016, 10:04 AM
Hey guys,

I have already had a few recommendations from several people on another thread of mine, but I would like to get some more feedback on good recommendations for a compound and polish for black paint (Ford Escape). Something that isn't crazy expensive - I have heard good things about the Wolfgang Swirl Remover and Menzerna products. Also had some suggestions for McKee's Fast Polish and Fast Compound.

I think a polish will be enough for this Escape as the paint is only 2 years old and has been taken care of relatively well, but I think it would be a good thing to have a compound on hand for later if need be.

Age doesn't really matter with regards to the condition of the paint. There are brand new cars that are swirled beyond belief.

Maybe you can post a picture?

The only way (the best way IMO) is to do a test spot and see which product works best. But you still don't have the products...

CC268
08-11-2016, 10:04 AM
Great sounds like that is the way to go then!

CC268
08-11-2016, 10:07 AM
Age doesn't really matter with regards to the condition of the paint. There are brand new cars that are swirled beyond belief.

Maybe you can post a picture?

The only way (the best way IMO) is to do a test spot and see which product works best. But you still don't have the products...

The McKees Paint Coating and Pre Polish will be here today - thinking I should pick up the Fast Polish and Compound you recommended.

Don't have any pictures - we have been dealing with some monsoon rains so it is impossible to keep it clean...I will say this - I had a Volkswagen Golf that I did with Just HD Speed - it was black and the paint was full of scratches and swirls...HD Speed and an orange flat pad on the GG6 and that paint looked brand new.

I may attempt to get it cleaned up today after work - if I do I will try to get some photos. Getting my new AR390SS power washer and foam gun so I am anxious to try it ;p

Marc08EX
08-11-2016, 10:09 AM
The McKees Paint Coating and Pre Polish will be here today - thinking I should pick up the Fast Polish and Compound you recommended.

Don't have any pictures - we have been dealing with some monsoon rains so it is impossible to keep it clean...I will say this - I had a Volkswagen Golf that I did with Just HD Speed - it was black and the paint was full of scratches and swirls...HD Speed and an orange flat pad on the GG6 and that paint looked brand new.

I may attempt to get it cleaned up today after work - if I do I will try to get some photos. Getting my new AR390SS power washer and foam gun so I am anxious to try it ;p

As discussed, just ask Nick if the prep polish will remove the sealants/waxes from HD speed. Then let's go from there.

CC268
08-11-2016, 10:28 AM
Called AG - they said HD Speed could be used, but maybe not totally ideal since it is an AIO...he actually recommended HD Polish if I want to go with a dedicated Polish - he said McKees Fast Polish would be fine too though.

The Guz
08-11-2016, 11:21 AM
Pick any polish or compound that is offered through Autogeek. They will all work.

Marc08EX
08-11-2016, 11:25 AM
Pick any polish or compound that is offered through Autogeek. They will all work.

I agree. You can even go to Autozone or Walmart and get Meguiar's Ultimate Compound or Polish if you're in a hurry.

GSKR
08-11-2016, 12:03 PM
Hey guys,

Pinnacle advanced swirl remover and polish,pretty straight forward and user friendly.

CC268
08-11-2016, 12:27 PM
I think I may pick up the HD Compound and HD Polish - it has great reviews