PDA

View Full Version : Low or no dusting polish/compound

psychout777
08-10-2016, 01:45 PM
So I recently attempted an AIO paint correction on my newly purchased 65 mustang, using HD Speed. Previously I've had good/acceptable results using this product with orange LC pads. This time, I didn't get close to the kind of correction I would be satisfied with-too many swirls and scratches under inspection. I'd like to take another crack at the car, at least the horizontal surfaces. My question is, now that I have been spoiled by the ease of use, non staining, and non dusting nature of Speed, what are some dedicated polishes or compounds that people would recommend for me to use where I could not only step up the correction a notch or two, but see similar ease of use? My last experience with a dedicated compound was a dusty mess. Thanks

Knozzmoeking
08-10-2016, 01:47 PM
Based on my limited experience and comments seen here, I would suggest the GG BOSS line of correcting creams.

lane5515
08-10-2016, 01:48 PM
GG Correcting Cream or Fast Correcting Cream with the right pad will give fantastic results, no dust and be LSP ready.

custmsprty
08-10-2016, 02:04 PM
HD Polish +

3D HD Polish+ 16 oz. NEW FORMULA! (http://www.autogeek.net/3d-hd-polish.html)

Detailsbydaniel
08-10-2016, 02:19 PM
The griots boss creams are excellent, super long working times and simple removal. They did not dust on me either

LSNAutoDetailing
08-10-2016, 02:24 PM
As everyone else has stated the BOSS system will be one of your options, in addition to what Custmsprty states.
However while I use and like the BOSS system, I am partial to the Pinnacle Line up (Advanced Compound & Advanced Finishing Polish).
While they do dust, their effectiveness and gloss are IMO the best... Therefore, some taping is required, along with a nr or QD wipe down.

Is the Mustang Single Stage or Clear Coat???

osiapstndp
08-10-2016, 02:54 PM
I have been using a new concoction for the cutting phase for the last month. The majority of my cutting/polishing takes place during the day and in the strong heat of North Texas, so dusting is a huge factor for me.

Having to spend an hour or more trying to remove mounds of compound/polish dust off of a vehicle is not productive and it is difficult to remove 100% of it without running water.

So, I prime a Lake Country orange hybrid pad with McKee's pad conditioner and Griot's Garage Boss Fast Correcting Cream and then I season it again with M205. Afterward I put two or three drops of both onto the pad and get to work with a Flex 3401. Even with a consistent outside temperature of 100° and higher this combination produces very, very little dust if used properly.

If, for example, you move the spinning pad to the edge of a panel of course it is going to throw dust, but if you keep the pad flat on the surface as best as you can the dusting will be slim to nil.

Bottom line - try using an equal amount of Griot's Garage Boss Fast Correcting Cream and Meguiar's M205.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Desertnate
08-10-2016, 03:18 PM
I've used the Blackfire SRC duo with no dusting as long as I kept my pads clean. Meguiars Ultimate Polish is pretty dust free, but I recall the Ultimate Compound being a bit dusty.

psychout777
08-10-2016, 03:33 PM
As everyone else has stated the BOSS system will be one of your options, in addition to what Custmsprty states.
However while I use and like the BOSS system, I am partial to the Pinnacle Line up (Advanced Compound & Advanced Finishing Polish).
While they do dust, their effectiveness and gloss are IMO the best... Therefore, some taping is required, along with a nr or QD wipe down.

Is the Mustang Single Stage or Clear Coat???

Its a base coat + clear coat repaint. Probably around 5 years old. Appears to be a decent amount of film thickness to work with, with the exception of the flat top section of the passenger and drivers doors.

psychout777
08-10-2016, 03:38 PM
HD polish and the Boss line were my first thoughts, so I'm not surprised to see they are being suggested here. I have no experience with these products. If I went the Boss line route, should I use the standard correcting cream or the fast correcting cream- what will I see different between the 2 products and will both finish down pretty well?

The Guz
08-10-2016, 08:48 PM
What compound were you using before?

I had major dusting with HD Polish. Much more than the compound I was using. I have not tried Griot's polishes but hear good things about it. I have had success with Meguiar's M205 and also with Rupes polishes. A low dusting compound would be Meguiar's D300 as part of their microfiber system. M100 and M101 also dust but they are not that bad.

Another compound and polish that worked fine was pinnacle advanced compound and finishing polish. The compound does dust but it's bearable.

Jomax
08-10-2016, 08:57 PM
Griots Boss compound has minimal dusting if any!

Mantilgh
08-10-2016, 09:08 PM
What about the new McKee's 37 Fast Compound?

I haven't tried it but I thought I've read that it had a long working time. But does that mean it doesn't dust, or dust less? I think typically it would.

Detailsbydaniel
08-10-2016, 09:22 PM
The fast correcting cream and corresponding pad leave a very nice finish. Depends on the each vehicle of course but most people would never know the difference if you did a one step with it from my experience. Even with a microfiber pad I used 2 dots of fast correcting and 2 dots of the perfecting cream and results were ridiculously nice.