PDA

View Full Version : Coatings, if you had the choice and money was not an issue

Pages : [1] 2

Cruzscarwash
08-10-2016, 10:40 AM
So I have if u had the option to have your car coated here in the states or in Germany where I seem to see most of the big names come from, where would you choose to get it done at?

WaxMaster1
08-10-2016, 10:46 AM
Hmmmm. I never considered, at any cost, to have my car coated outside of Florida.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
08-10-2016, 10:49 AM
Define what you mean by having the car coating in the states vs. Germany.

Where is the car now?

Chramiji
08-10-2016, 11:00 AM
Do you mean having it done by some manufacturing brand HQ that we do not have access to? or paying someone to do it? or doing it yourself?

Personally, I will probably just do my usual sealant + topper carnauba of my choice. No matter what the cost, but if I had to "choose when money is no object" , I would probably just grab 15 (I believe my car has 15 separate panels lol) of the most expensive coating and put one on each panel of my car and see which one actually last the longest and provides the best protection.... That is what I would do.

That or I would buy 5 identical new cars and try 5 different coatings on each of them and park them in a forest by rail road tracks and see what happens. Seriously, money no object.

Cruzscarwash
08-10-2016, 12:39 PM
I guys if u were paying to have it done. Basically a friend is shipping his m3 to Germany (got a new job) he wants to get it coated, he had asked if he should do it now and one of the detail shops that does them said they order it from Germany so he's thinking to just get it done there where it's made and probably more practiced in application of it then here.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
08-10-2016, 12:48 PM
Sounds like he is after Polish Angel.

I would say it would be better for him in this case to have it done over here when the vehicle gets here. That way he is here with the detailing shop and can select a place to perform the work as well as maintain the vehicle for him if need be.

Rsurfer
08-10-2016, 12:53 PM
What coating might that be? Regardless, I would have it done there for one main reason. If something goes wrong, the detailer is there to correct it.

LSNAutoDetailing
08-10-2016, 12:53 PM
If he's shipping the car I would have it done once it reaches it's final destination. Odds are in shipping they will put a car cover on it, and or put in a carrier with other cars. Regardless of how careful they are, I'm sure the car cover or other preparations will cause some micro-marring somewhere on the vehicle.
With that said, once it reaches it's final destination he can have full paint correction and then a coating applied.

I can't speak to which brand is better or not... There are many and folks here that will offer their opinions. All I can say is that I offer either Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Coating or CQUK or CQ standard. Mainly because I've already made the investment in money and knowledge on how to apply those products. Changing gears and switching brands will incur a knowledge curve and increased expenditures. Once I pick a product that works for me, I generally stick with it.

Hope this helps! :)

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
08-10-2016, 12:56 PM
One thing he needs to look into is being able to drive his U.S. specification M3 around here in Germany. Unless he is government affiliated such as military.

Rsurfer
08-10-2016, 01:33 PM
One thing he needs to look into is being able to drive his U.S. specification M3 around here in Germany. Unless he is government affiliated such as military.

Why, are their emission controls tighter than the US?

Cruzscarwash
08-10-2016, 01:40 PM

hey mike, he will be retired military on a contract job married to a German. with that being said do you do coatings? and if so are you near ramstein?

Cruzscarwash
08-10-2016, 01:43 PM

ive only been in in the states for over a year, I was living in England. the emission standards are higher there and cars on average produce more power/mpg then ive seen here in the states

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
08-10-2016, 02:03 PM

No. California has the strictest emission controls in the world. Its the safety standards here that are the hardest in the world.

The reason I say is because our lighting systems, speedometer, etc are different.

hey mike, he will be retired military on a contract job married to a German. with that being said do you do coatings? and if so are you near ramstein?

Oh ok. Then he will have no problems driving and registering his car over here. It will be registered through base.

I do perform coating installs. I am an hour north of him on Spangdahlem AB.

RaskyR1
08-10-2016, 02:04 PM
CarPro Immortal.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
08-10-2016, 02:06 PM
CarPro Immortal.

Know of anyone doing Immortal in Germany Chad?