PDA

View Full Version : Spots on dashboard

NJRadioGuy
08-07-2016, 06:03 PM
Hi all,
When cleaning the interior of my Tacoma over the years I've made the mistake of spraying product onto micro fiber cleaning cloths too close to the dashboard, and early on, onto the dash directly. Now there are little dark spray-residue spots all over the vinyl and hard plastic. I first used Armor-All before I knew any better. Now I'm using either dedicated interior cleaner from Meg's or (more frequently lately) Synthetic X-Press wax Meguire's D15601 from a spray bottle.

What kinds of cleaning products can I use to remove these over-spray spots?

Thanks in advance.

rookiez
08-07-2016, 06:15 PM
I think I was able to remove them by using APC or Meg's interior quick detailer, just buff 'em out!!

I don't know if there's a more proper method though, let the pro jumps in and share some of their tricks/tips!

NJRadioGuy
08-07-2016, 06:58 PM
I think they were actually made by Meguire's Interior Quick Detailer (and/or Armor All last year). Until last week, for all this season, IQD was my product of choice.

NJRadioGuy
08-07-2016, 06:58 PM
When you say "buff 'em out" you mean just elbow grease or via a rotary or DA polisher? Hundreds of small, individual spots here, not one large stain.

CanyonCarver
08-07-2016, 07:04 PM
Have you tried 'just going with it' - meaning - really spraying a lot of your product directly on where it's spotted

NJRadioGuy
08-07-2016, 08:27 PM
Not "a lot", but I've gone over it many times now with X-wax and no-go.

ShaneB
08-07-2016, 09:16 PM
Try a more powerful cleaner such as an APC or even a plastic/vinyl cleaner. Those AIO type products for interior's generally aren't very strong at all. They are great at removing light smudges and dust, but when you need to remove a dressing or any real type of dirt they just can't do it

I recently did a job where the dashboard was covered in a chalky mess (supposedly from being wiped down with nothing but water for years. I assume they didn't bother to dry it) and OPC at 3:1 cleaned it right up.

NJRadioGuy
08-08-2016, 09:26 AM
OPC? Whaddat?

ShaneB
08-12-2016, 04:06 PM
Sorry, been busy and haven't been on. OPC = Optimum Power Clean. Great APC that I use on basically every job I do