PDA

View Full Version : liquid wax v. Paste waxes

Pages : [1] 2 3

Zalmon
08-07-2016, 05:53 PM
What are the relative advantages and disadvantages of each?

Pats300zx
08-07-2016, 06:12 PM
I am not sure if there is an advantage or disadvantage. I would say liquid waxes are easier and faster to apply. For me it's more of a personal preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FUNX650
08-07-2016, 06:55 PM
Unlike Paste Waxes...(where you're repetitively
putting an applicator into their containers;
and where, by doing so: you're chancing the
introduction of contaminates into the remaining Wax)...

You pour Liquid Waxes from their
containers onto an application pad...
with slim, (to no), chance of putting
debris back into, or otherwise
contaminating, the rest of the contents.

Also:
•I find it easier to use Liquid Waxes
by machine.

BTW: I've heard that good ol' Wax-Sling
can be very art nouveau-ish.

Bob

davidc
08-07-2016, 07:33 PM
With Collinite the pastes have a longer durability than the liquids.

Dave

VISITOR
08-07-2016, 08:04 PM
i prefer paste if it's offered in both formats and the problem of it separating is not an issue...

57BORNTORUN
08-07-2016, 09:33 PM
Liquid generally means fluid.What is the least expensive fluid that we know of?

WillSports3
08-07-2016, 09:40 PM
I have an odd issue with being unable to apply liquid wax thin enough while paste wax seems super easy to do frankly. I've had better luck with Ultimate Paste Wax then Ultimate Liquid wax for some odd reason. It generally doesn't mean much nowadays as the paste and liquid aspects are simply different technology essentially or in the cases of products like Pinnacle Souveran, Liquid has polymers while Paste is just good ole Nuba in it.

WAXOFF
08-07-2016, 09:43 PM
I'm a paste guy.

mycarmycar28582
08-09-2016, 12:30 AM
I myself like paste wax (preferably carnauba) because it lasts MUCH longer, it takes a little more time but it's well worth it.

ViperGuy21
08-09-2016, 01:07 AM
I'm a paste guy as I think it looks better, and easier to apply a thin coat. It is also more fun to me than a liquid.

I really enjoy putting on that final coat of a rich carnauba wax by hand and then buffing off to a brilliant shine

Natty's red and blue are my favorites

Detailsbydaniel
08-09-2016, 01:14 AM
I enjoy a good quality paste wax myself. Nothing like rubbing the vehicle down to notice any flaws in the finish that you might skip over otherwise. I also love the look of paste vs liquid no matter what brand I have used. Find what makes you happy and what you will use, if you don't like applying paste you will not do it vs if you like the ease of liquid.

LEDetailing
08-09-2016, 01:23 AM
I prefer paste if for no other reason than it generally comes in a cool metal container. I love packaging. Im really liking FK1000p (metal tin) right now. Meguiar's has the best design with the pad storage and plastic divider built into their Gold Class wax tin.

Zubair
08-09-2016, 07:33 AM
Paste for carnauba wax
Liquid for sealants

Just my preference

mwoolfso
08-09-2016, 07:34 AM
I am not a chemist by any stretch..... so bear that in mind as I speak from experience only...

Personally, I believe liquid waxes are more synthetic compared to paste. Liquid will be easier to apply so it would probably take less time. Paste waxes have the edge on depth of shine if your eyes are trained enough with time and experience. In the old days liquid waxes "probably" has less durability compared to paste but with technology moving so fast I wouldn't be surprised if that line is extremely blurry these days.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - so in the end for me as a hobbyist it comes down to the amount of time I invest in maintaining my vehicles. I have both paste and liquid.

Desertnate
08-09-2016, 07:44 AM
I prefer liquid wax from a form-factor perspective.

I wax with my DA and pouring a few drops of product on my pads seems far easier than trying to trying to find effective ways to get a paste wax onto my DA pads. I'd love to try FK1000 or 915, but the hassle holds me back. Probably wouldn't be an issue if I had more time or one of those GG 3" buffers that will fit in the top of the wax tin.