PDA

View Full Version : Pressure Washer Recommendations?

Pages : [1] 2

CC268
08-07-2016, 10:02 AM
Hey guys,

My old Husky pressure washer is falling apart (gas). I am wondering what your guys' recommendations are for a good quality pressure washer. I don't want to break the bank, but don't mind spending a few hundred dollars on one. I am wondering if I should go gas or electric? How much psi do I need?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Sun-Joe-Pressure-Joe-2-030-psi-1-76-GPM-14-5-Amp-Electric-Pressure-Washer-with-Hose-Reel-SPX3001/205816442

I will definitely be buying a foam cannon for it!

Thanks!

CC268
08-07-2016, 11:24 AM
I am thinking it will be between the Sun Joe or the Karcher? Sun Joe has the better flow rate....

ducksfan
08-07-2016, 12:44 PM
How often and how much do you use the PW ? Is noise a factor when or where you use it ? Would you use it for any other cleaning besides autos ? Do you have an electric/gas preference ? Business or personal ?

CC268
08-07-2016, 02:31 PM
I have a Husky Gas one, but it is old and falling apart. This would mostly be used for washing cars/trucks and my motocross bike...it would get used probably every other week. Noise is not a factor. I am tempted to look at gas pressure washers, but I don't want to pay $300+ for one.

The AR390SS looks like a very nice electric pressure washer and it is the highest rated on pressurewashersdirect, but I am a bit leery of these electric pressure washers...I also definitely need something that I can use the foam cannon with too.

What is your guys' opinion on gas vs electric? Seems like most people on here go for the electrics?

rlmccarty2000
08-07-2016, 03:54 PM
I can say the AR Blue 390SS is a good PW. It comes with a 25 foot hose and a long power cord. I've had mine for a few months now with no problems. You might have to buy the foam lance from AR Blue. I could not find an adapter on AG. The foam lance is very high quality and made in Italy instead of China like most things.

CC268
08-07-2016, 03:56 PM
I can say the AR Blue 390SS is a good PW. It comes with a 25 foot hose and a long power cord. I've had mine for a few months now with no problems. You might have to buy the foam lance from AR Blue. I could not find an adapter on AG. The foam lance is very high quality and made in Italy instead of China like most things.

I am thinking the AR390SS is the way to go...with the MTM Hydro foam lance

ShaneB
08-07-2016, 05:58 PM
Stay away from karcher. I had 2 units fail on me. First within about 3 months of maybe once a week use, it's replacement made it a little over a year before it called it quits. They both were working fine then one day I go to use it and it wouldn't turn on anymore. Worst part is they both quit on me just like that while at a customers house.

I recently got a AR Blue 390ss and it's been good so far. 2000psi is more than enough to wash a car or bike. If you find yourself needing more for those applications then you better be smart about how close you get because they will blow paint right off if you aren't careful with the higher psi models. As for the 390ss, the only issue I have with it is the hose is something awful. It doesn't like to come uncoiled after taking it off the reel and it will kink up like mad if you don't straighten it out (which is a constant battle). It's more than a minor nuisance IMO. Besides that it works well, the quick change tips are nice but you really don't need more than the fan tip.

I have the low PSI MTM Lance (for the lower psi electrics) and it works great. So I'd definitely pick one up.

As for how long they last, if you're using it once a week it should last you quite awhile. The first electric pressure washer I used was like a 10 year old karcher that my dad had. It was a work horse and finally gave out when it blew a seal and started spraying water everywhere inside the unit. But for its age it was expected. Not bad for a little 1500psi electric.

CC268
08-07-2016, 06:01 PM
Stay away from karcher. I had 2 units fail on me. First within about 3 months of maybe once a week use, it's replacement made it a little over a year before it called it quits. They both were working fine then one day I go to use it and it wouldn't turn on anymore. Worst part is they both quit on me just like that while at a customers house.

I recently got a AR Blue 390ss and it's been good so far. 2000psi is more than enough to wash a car or bike. If you find yourself needing more for those applications then you better be smart about how close you get because they will blow paint right off if you aren't careful with the higher psi models. As for the 390ss, the only issue I have with it is the hose is something awful. It doesn't like to come uncoiled after taking it off the reel and it will kink up like mad if you don't straighten it out (which is a constant battle). It's more than a minor nuisance IMO. Besides that it works well, the quick change tips are nice but you really don't need more than the fan tip.

I have the low PSI MTM Lance (for the lower psi electrics) and it works great. So I'd definitely pick one up.

As for how long they last, if you're using it once a week it should last you quite awhile. The first electric pressure washer I used was like a 10 year old karcher that my dad had. It was a work horse and finally gave out when it blew a seal and started spraying water everywhere inside the unit. But for its age it was expected. Not bad for a little 1500psi electric.

Cool I am ordering the 390SS on Amazon tonight. Seems like a great way to go. My old gas one was a 2300PSI, but it was old and probably wasn't even ouputting that. I think this will work really nice. ordering the foam gun for it too as well as some Chemical Guys Honey Dew!

rookiez
08-07-2016, 06:17 PM
I use the SunJoe one, got it on a Prime Day and it's hard to beat it for the price IMHO :)

CC268
08-07-2016, 06:21 PM
The SunJoe was my second choice!

CC268
08-07-2016, 07:45 PM
I would really like to get some feedback on gas vs. electric? It seems like most people on here go the electric route.

rlmccarty2000
08-07-2016, 07:47 PM
Go ahead and get the warranty. I think I paid $25 for 3 years. You never know and most reviews say they last about 2 years.

CC268
08-07-2016, 07:48 PM
Ouch...makes me wonder if I should just spend the $300+ on the gas ones...probably better foaming too from a foam cannon? Costco has some nice ones including a Ford one - only thing is I am not sure if there is a foam cannon adapter for it.

Maybe a Craftsman gasser

CC268
08-08-2016, 12:02 PM
Well...I am driving myself a bit nuts trying to decide between gas and electric...part of me is telling me to go gas because of reliability, but the simplicity of electric is nice. Probably would get better results with the foam cannon from a gasser due to the higher psi...but idk...might just need to take a shot in the dark. It is either the AR390SS electric or a Craftsmen gasser...

Suwaidi80
08-08-2016, 12:52 PM
Zopa Finance Service
We give out Loans to individuals and co-operate organization in need
of financial assistance at reasonable interest of 3%.
Services Rendered include:
*Refinance
*Auto Loans
*Second Mortgage
*Business Loans
*Personal Loans
*International Loans
* Best secured loan
*Small Loan
*Budget Loan
*Home Loan
Whatever your financial requirement are You can contact us via; Zopaloancompanyltd @qq .com