PDA

View Full Version : Is Uber Ceramic a 'quartz' coating?

BudgetPlan1
08-07-2016, 08:10 AM
Imagine 'quartz' is tossed around for a variety of reasons...curious if Uber Ceramic is considered to be part of the 'quartz' coating group?

Marc08EX
08-07-2016, 08:13 AM
What are the other products part of the "quartz" group?

I assume CQuartz? What else?

I assume Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating is similar, if not the same, to Optimum Gloss-coat.

BudgetPlan1
08-07-2016, 08:40 AM
Pondering the question as I snatched up some Gyeon Prep and Cure to work with the Gyeon Q2 Rim and, after actually reading the bottle, it says Cure is also "...the ultimate maintenance product for any Quartz coating."

Curious if that means it would play well with WG Uber Ceramic.

Otherwise, well...I only have so many rims to coat with the Q2 Rim and, while pretty, I'll be staring at the mostly full bottle of Cure if I find no other use for it.

ronkh57
08-07-2016, 08:48 AM
Pondering the question as I snatched up some Gyeon Prep and Cure to work with the Gyeon Q2 Rim and, after actually reading the bottle, it says Cure is also "...the ultimate maintenance product for any Quartz coating."

Curious if that means it would play well with WG Uber Ceramic.

Otherwise, well...I only have so many rims to coat with the Q2 Rim and, while pretty, I'll be staring at the mostly full bottle of Cure if I find no other use for it.

Cure will work w Uber

BudgetPlan1
08-07-2016, 09:08 AM
Cure will work w Uber

Excellent...thanks. One less 'seemed like a good idea' product gathering dust on the shelf.

FUNX650
08-07-2016, 09:55 AM
Imagine 'quartz' is tossed around for a variety of reasons...curious if Uber Ceramic is considered to be part of the 'quartz' coating group?
In my layman's-speak:

•Silica is an oxide of the element of Silicon.

•Quartz's chemical formula is SiO2
(Silica Oxide).

•When thinking about Ceramics:
-Clay comes to mind.
-Clay minerals are Silicates.

Also:
•Ceramics are often made from
materials other than clay, such as:
-oxides...Silica Oxide (SiO2), sound familiar?;
-non-oxides...Silicides;
-oxides/non-oxides combos...polymers<---(OOPS,
how did those get in there!)

•In a nutshell/IMHO:
-All the above materials seem to be "silicon-based"
-Marketers have a (bad) habit of spinning things.

Bob