PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Lens Restoration: Wolfgang or Diamondite

KG21
10-26-2007, 02:28 PM
Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself to the forums and ask a, hopefully, quick question. I need to restore a couple of sets of hazed and yellowing headlights. I'm torn between the Wolfgang or Diamondite kits. I know either will probably work well, but for those of you who have tried both, which do you prefer and why?

Thanks for any help you can provide!! :cheers:

Rsurfer
10-26-2007, 02:31 PM
Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself to the forums and ask a, hopefully, quick question. I need to restore a couple of sets of hazed and yellowing headlights. I'm torn between the Wolfgang or Diamondite kits. I know either will probably work well, but for those of you who have tried both, which do you prefer and why?

Thanks for any help you can provide!! :cheers:Diamondite works great, haven't tried Wolfgang.

D
10-26-2007, 05:46 PM
Dont need either. Just use some polish, and wet sand if needed. If you insist, Ive got a Wolfgang kit for sale. Used it once or twice.

Torsion Tool
10-27-2007, 04:22 PM
Had this issue a few days ago on a 12 year old Explorer. Used XMT #1 then #2 for a bad spot and it came out just fine. Then sealed with Klasse HGSG. Eventually, it'll fog over and yellow again, but they look like new now.

SANCTUM
10-27-2007, 08:53 PM

Thanks for any help you can provide!! :cheers:

I still wet sand first depending on the condition of the light, but I use the diamond kit to finish up, with good results.

MrBenz
10-27-2007, 10:12 PM
I've used Menzerna Intensive Polish w/PC7424 and a 4 inch Orange pad
with good results...