PDA

View Full Version : New to AG and first post!!!! Ofcourse it's a question.

Atlas
10-26-2007, 10:12 AM
Thanks for all the great info and love the site. Been using a PC for years and deciced to move up to a Metabo (birthday in a couple weeks and been hinting heavily). Using mostly Menzerna polishes and searched forum for pad selections. I see some recommend LC CCS over Edge 2K with Menzerna, why? I like the idea of the Edge system for ease of centering and the 2 sides and I am used to 6" pads on the PC. Would also prefer foam over wool until I get used to the Metabo.

Any help on pad and product selection, green, blue, orange etc. for each, for a hard clear (BMW, VW etc) with moderate to mild correction needed would be greatly appreciated.

Won't ask for advice on how to use it :D as I see many threads on this question!

Thanks and hope I don't wind up like this guy first time...... :buffing:

D
10-26-2007, 12:57 PM
I hated the Edge system on the PC, its junk. Havent used it on the rotary. On the rotary I use white CCS, LC foamed wool, and LC 100% wool when needed. The CCS white does good correction on the rotary with SIP and 106, the foamed wool is very easy to use.

You'll have a hard time controlling anything more aggressive then the white CCS pad on rotary.

Rsurfer
10-26-2007, 02:41 PM
I hated the Edge system on the PC, its junk. Havent used it on the rotary. On the rotary I use white CCS, LC foamed wool, and LC 100% wool when needed. The CCS white does good correction on the rotary with SIP and 106, the foamed wool is very easy to use.

You'll have a hard time controlling anything more aggressive then the white CCS pad on rotary.:iagree::righton:

Atlas
10-26-2007, 03:14 PM
What did you not care for with the E2K system or what did you prefer about the LC's

D
10-26-2007, 05:44 PM
My LC pads never gave me a single problem. The Edge system gave me nothing but problems.

Atlas
10-26-2007, 05:56 PM
Dan,
Thanks again. Still cautious about the wool so I'll probably do the CCS foam in green or orange, white and blue or gray. Not sure of the colors. I know in edge they are green, blue and white. Now, do I get the 7 1/2" or the 6 1/2" d/a size? Argh, too complicated. At least I know the majority I've found in the forum like the LC better!
Anthony

I'm sorry for all the questions. Thought it would be easier to decide.

D
10-26-2007, 06:45 PM
I wouldnt use the CCS orange on the rotary. Green and white is fine though. You really shouldnt need anything less aggressive then green, you wont be applying waxes or sealants with a rotary. Green is less aggressive then white. So the only CCS pad I use on the rotary is the white one.

The smaller the pad, the easier to control, 6.5" will be good. Just get yourself the 6.5" white CCS pad, and one of the foamed wool pads. The foamed wool will keep the paint cooler, but it is more aggressive.

killrflake
10-26-2007, 10:59 PM
I wouldnt use the CCS orange on the rotary. Green and white is fine though. You really shouldnt need anything less aggressive then green, you wont be applying waxes or sealants with a rotary. Green is less aggressive then white. So the only CCS pad I use on the rotary is the white one.

The smaller the pad, the easier to control, 6.5" will be good. Just get yourself the 6.5" white CCS pad, and one of the foamed wool pads. The foamed wool will keep the paint cooler, but it is more aggressive.

Are you sugjesting the white CCS pad and foamed wool pads are about all you need for most jobs with the Metabo? I'm about ready to buy a Metabo, and I rather not buy more pads then I need.

jesselyons2002
10-27-2007, 03:17 AM
I have the metabo and love using the 5.5 pad low profile pad with it and the 5 inch backplate. So it's easy to center. Cause the backing plate is the same size of the velcro on it. lol

supercharged
10-27-2007, 05:24 AM

You'll have a hard time controlling anything more aggressive then the white CCS pad on rotary.
I never had any problems with my Edge 2000 pads system. I did have backing plate issues, where it literally started falling apart. Perhaps I should of switched to Edge backing plate.
Anyway, just my $0.02.

D
10-27-2007, 01:32 PM
Are you sugjesting the white CCS pad and foamed wool pads are about all you need for most jobs with the Metabo? I'm about ready to buy a Metabo, and I rather not buy more pads then I need.

Yep, thats about all you need. I dont think Id use anything smaller then a 5 1/4" pad on a rotary.