PDA

View Full Version : Any bug removers that don't need to be washed off?

delmar
08-04-2016, 08:57 PM
Down here on the Gulf Coast we have a LOT of bugs. So much so that in the summer you have to remove them several times per week from the front of your vehicle. Well I don't have time to fully wash my cars several times per week. I also don't think it would be good to take my hose to rinse off the bug remover and leave water spots.

Is there a bug remover that is lsp friendly that doesn't require being washed off?

FUNX650
08-04-2016, 09:12 PM
I use Meguiar's D114 @1:128
dilution ratio...along with waffle
weave microfiber towels.

It's quite the LSP-friendly process.

Bob

ducksfan
08-05-2016, 08:22 AM
Meguiars D114. It would probably get most of what's on there off. Get the rest with bug cleaner - then a final wipe.

If you're going to bring out one product, it's really not that different to bring out two or three. Speed comes with having a good system. With bugs that bad, I would have a dedicated bug box/small bucket in an easy to access location. Bug Squash 3:1, P21s Total Auto Cleaner 10-20:1, D114 128-256:1 in a lidded, big mouth container, microfiber towels. Use what's appropriate for each situation. Like I said, it's not having just one product that will make you faster (Though that would be nice. But I don't think you will find anything that will cover all degrees of attachment), it's your system.

briarpatch
08-05-2016, 12:22 PM
Up here in NJ....we do not have the insane bug issues you guys have down there, but we do get them. I live in a very rural area, so night driving usually means you got some bug juice to deal with. When I wash our vehicles, I apply a sealant (Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax) to the front ends. It does not keep them from sticking, but they come off easier. Typically, with some Kenotek anti-insect, a little dwell time, they rinse right off without impacting the sealant significantly. I re-apply the sealant every fourth wash or so.

delmar
08-05-2016, 06:24 PM
It looks like Meguiars D114 is a rinseless wash. I have Optimum No Rinse. I'm assuming it's the same thing.

Sounds like the recommendation is to try the no rinse, and if a more powerful bug remover is needed then follow that with the no rinse. Does that sound about right?

Jeremy1976
08-05-2016, 08:38 PM
No rinse or a good detail spray if they are not super caked on with a microfiber.

MoBenzOwner
08-06-2016, 06:37 AM
It looks like Meguiars D114 is a rinseless wash. I have Optimum No Rinse. I'm assuming it's the same thing.

Sounds like the recommendation is to try the no rinse, and if a more powerful bug remover is needed then follow that with the no rinse. Does that sound about right?

That's the way I do it.