PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide

makdaddy626
10-26-2007, 09:23 AM
I'm getting ready to do a full detail on my truck (2007 Tacoma Black Sand Pearl) and am trying to decide what to use. Help me fill in the blanks...

Wash (PB SSS)
Clay (Pin Ultra Poly)
Polish (Menz 106 w/White LC Pad on the PC)

Here's where I need help
OPTION 1: KAIO + KSG
OPTION 2: WG PPE + WG DGPS

I'll follow that up with my new SOUVERAN PASTE :righton:

Engine and exterior trim will get 303.
Tires get Surf City Beyond Black (I tried this last night after a wash and LOVE IT).

Interior will get a once over with Woolite and the Little Green Machine, 303 on all plastic, Stoner's IG on the windows, and Pin Leather Conditioner (only the shifter and steering wheel are leather)

sparkie
10-26-2007, 09:43 AM
IMO WG gives a better look. Both products are great....

Jimmie
10-26-2007, 09:44 AM
Option #2 is my choice. I love the look of WG DGPS topped with Souveran by everyone on here. You could probably skip the paintwork cleansing but one of our friends from the UK always includes that step after a polish.
Option #1 looks nice but is too tedious IMO (removing KSG is work).
I like the rest of your processes a lot.

makdaddy626
10-26-2007, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the quick feedback.

I agree with you about the tediousness of KSG, I've only used it once, and thankfully that was on my sisters mini-coooper so there wasn't a lot of paint to deal with, not true of my double cab... that said, by the end of the process on the mini, I had gotten pretty good with the WOWO method.
My thinking on even considering the KSG is winter protection, I may not want to have to completely go through this again until spring.

Anyone think that Klasse is the way to go?

What about a mix? K AIO then WGDGPS? Bonding issues with WG over the acrylic?

supercharged
10-26-2007, 10:32 AM
It really depends on your climate. It winter is harsh - durable sealant Klasse twins. If not, you can get away with Wolfgang. remember that Klasse will last 2-3 times longer then Wolfgang.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
10-26-2007, 10:40 AM
KSG will give you improved durability over the WG..

If durability is a factor the choice is clearly Klasse

makdaddy626
10-26-2007, 10:50 AM
I'm in Atlanta, GA so I don't expect the winter to be overly harsh, very little snow and ice, if any. It does get cold enought though that I might not want to stand outside and re-aply anything for a while. I don't have a garage.