PDA

View Full Version : Saved from the paint booth by 3D AAT

Whitewater25
08-03-2016, 11:52 AM
Really thought this was going to need repainting. With nothing to lose,I got the green light to try and save it. It was a bit of work but mission accomplished. Sorry no after the whole hood was done,started pouring. Couldn't figure how to flip the last pic right side up

3D AAT #1 with BnS orange pad & #2 with BnS green pad on Makita rotary. Then topped with 845. First time using the AAT stuff. Worked well with a little dust. Cleaning the pads is really easy. Being water based had to be the reason. I used a hose with pressure nozzle to blast it and they came clean as new.
The bad news is I still have one more black ford to try this on. Good news is I know it works.

WillSports3
08-03-2016, 11:55 AM
Dude, that looks amazing. You did a crazy good job. What is the cause of all that stuff on the hood?

fly07sti
08-03-2016, 12:15 PM
Impressive.

Whitewater25
08-03-2016, 12:31 PM
Dude, that looks amazing. You did a crazy good job. What is the cause of all that stuff on the hood?

Not really sure. The hood was already repainted before my friend bought it last year. It transformed from faded black to that first pic pretty fast. He doesn't take very good care of his stuff which doesn't help. I'm thinking a sub standard paint job may be to blame. I will keep an eye on it to see how it holds up. I may top it with FK 1000 in a week or so. I'm not sure how long the 845 will hold up on that black in the SoFlo sun & heat.

Setec Astronomy
08-03-2016, 02:39 PM
Incredible.

GSKR
08-03-2016, 04:04 PM
Really thought this was going to need repainting. With nothing to lose,I got the green light to try and save it. It was a bit of work but mission accomplished. Sorry no after the whole hood was done,started pouring. Couldn't figure how to flip the last pic right side up

3D AAT #1 with BnS orange pad & #2 with BnS green pad on Makita rotary. Then topped with 845. First time using the AAT stuff. Worked well with a little dust. Cleaning the pads is really easy. Being water based had to be the reason. I used a hose with pressure nozzle to blast it and they came clean as new.
The bad news is I still have one more black ford to try this on. Good news is I know it works.
Very nice.

PaulMys
08-03-2016, 06:59 PM
That's a great job.