PDA

View Full Version : Need experienced forum member in Norman, Oklahoma

Mike Phillips
08-03-2016, 09:22 AM
Need experienced forum member in Norman, Oklahoma

Do we have any experienced forum members in or around the Norman, Oklahoma area?

If I lived there I would do this myself but I don't so I thought I would see if we have anyone in this area to help me with a car detailing issue.

Here's the back story...

One of our customers has detailed his Corvette and his Mazda CX9. He says after detailing them the paint feels smooth after detailing but the next day the paint on both cars feels like sandpaper.

Here's the deal... I think there must be some other factor involved. Quality brand car care products don't impart a gritty texture to paint. He's been using BLACKFIRE and Griot's products. I believe there is a more specific root cause to this issue than the product being used. My guess is either not all the bonded contaminants are being removed in the first place or there is some air-borne source for fresh air-borne contaminants related to the locations of the cars.

If you live in or around this area I would like to set up a meeting between you and the owner of the car for you to simply take a first hand look at the cars and do the baggie test. Perhaps go over the car owner's process, step by step letting him share the products used and the techniques used with the products.

Then see if anything stands out?

Like many of you, I've decontaminated thousands of cars using,

Iron X
Detailing Clay
Nanoskin towels
Nanoskin wash mitts
Nanoskin pads

I have yet to come across a car that using the above normal products with good technique that the above surface bonded contaminants cannot be removed and a smooth surface that endures longer than one day.

So who do we have?

:)

zmcgovern45
08-03-2016, 09:43 AM
The Autospa
Brian Menke
405-831-2000
brian@theautospallc.com
The Auto Spa - Paint Correction and Ceramic Coatings (http://www.theautospallc.com)

Not sure if he is an active member here, but he is an outstanding detailer.

Mike Phillips
08-03-2016, 10:25 AM
The Autospa
Brian Menke
405-831-2000
brian@theautospallc.com
The Auto Spa - Paint Correction and Ceramic Coatings (http://www.theautospallc.com)

Not sure if he is an active member here, but he is an outstanding detailer.

Thanks Zach...

I recognize the name. Chances are good we do know each other.

I kind of want to draw from our forum members but am not opposed to using Brian.

I like to reward people that are active on our forum. There's benefits to membership. Plus I can tell a lot about a person from their posting history.

:)

ShineDoc
08-03-2016, 12:17 PM
Mike,

I live in far North Dallas, about 1.5 hrs from Norman. I am the kind of guy who loves a Pepsi challenge. So if you can not find some one local I would love to give it a shot.

Thanks,
James
Detail Royale

Mike Phillips
08-03-2016, 01:03 PM
Mike,

I live in far North Dallas, about 1.5 hrs from Norman. I am the kind of guy who loves a Pepsi challenge. So if you can not find some one local I would love to give it a shot.

Thanks,
James
Detail Royale

Thank you for stepping up to the plate for this project James. It was nice to talk to you over the phone today too. We share the same passion for perfection.

Let's give this thread another day or so and perhaps there will be someone closer than you that would like to help out. You are absolutely welcome to help out too...

:dblthumb2: