PDA

View Full Version : full detail with pinnacle black label

Johnperez12
08-03-2016, 01:16 AM
Hi I'm John and this weekend I will be detailing a black Pontiac and inspecting the car it had some swirls amd minor scratches.

I am going to do a full detail on this car i usually use Pinnacle and WolfGang very good quality but thinking of trying Pinnacle Black Label I need some advice on the coating spray and the Cleansing Polish. I wrote down the steps I am going to perform and want some feedback if this will work so I don't mess up the paint.

1) Pinnacle bodywork shampoo
2) Clay bar with pinnacle wax
3) Wolfgang swirl remover
4) Pinnacle Black Label cleansing polish
5) Pinnacle Black Label diamond paint coating
6) Pinnacle Souveran

Are these steps ok?

I never used Pinnacle Black Label but would like to try it out I normally use WolfGang finishing glaze after swirl remover then apply Pinnacle advanced polish.

Give some feedback what works best thanks

:)

The Guz
08-03-2016, 03:14 AM
Skip the wax in the last step. Not sure what product you are referring to in your clay step. A quick detailer works fine for clay lube.

Johnperez12
08-03-2016, 08:11 AM
I use the Pinnacle clay lube wax with my clay bar and on my last step I like to top it off with Pinnacle Souveran paste wax

LSNAutoDetailing
08-03-2016, 08:22 AM
I would hesitate on using a lubrication with wax, however could be moot since you're going to polish. I like to use a NR Wash solution, or Megs D114.
As the Guz states, do not do step 6. You need to ensure that the coating cures for at least two hours and does not get wet within 24 hours.
After that you can use the Pinnacle BL Diamond QD spray to wipe the car down, or any QD. I prefer Pinnacle Crystal Mist.

In about 6 months, after a gentle wash, go over the car with a spray-n-wipe of Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Coating Booster. You will not need to do any pre steps other than a gentle wash of the vehicle.

Other than that, Pinnacle BL DC is by far (probably next to McKee's) the easiest coating to work with!

Enjoy!!

Mike Phillips
08-03-2016, 09:41 AM
Hi John,

I'll make a few suggestions for your process in blue text below.

1) Pinnacle bodywork shampoo <-- Good to go

2) Clay bar with pinnacle wax

Wrong combo - Don't use wax, paste, liquid or a spray wax with clay. You want to use either a dedicated clay lube or a spray detailer. You could even use a waterless wash.

3) Wolfgang swirl remover <-- Good to go

4) Pinnacle Black Label cleansing polish <-- Good to go

5) Pinnacle Black Label diamond paint coating <-- Good to go

6) Pinnacle Souveran

No need to apply any wax or any other product over a paint coating. When you do this you lose the benefits and features of the paint coating and get the benefits and features of the product you put on top of the coating. Skip this step.

Mike Phillips
08-03-2016, 09:44 AM
The benefits to a coating over a car wax or a synthetic paint coating are,

High gloss finish I call the glassy look.
Maximum protection from any foreign substance that if the substance were to land on the paint it would cause damage.
Fast washing since dirt is released easily.
Fast drying since water wants to get away from the surface.
Long lasting - Hey who doesn't like a product that lasts a long time.
Increased scratch and swirl resistance.

Instead of toping the coating with a coat of wax, instead follow the suggestions I make in the below article and become an EXPERT at washing your car using The Gentle Approach to Washing a Car

How to wash a coated car - The Gentle Approach for Washing a Car by Mike Phillips (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-mike-phillips-your-detailing-questions/103632-how-wash-coated-car-gentle-approach-washing-car-mike-phillips.html)

fly07sti
08-03-2016, 02:09 PM
Can't the PBL coating be topped with PBL Synergy?

The Guz
08-03-2016, 03:24 PM
Can't the PBL coating be topped with PBL Synergy?

Sure it can but it's not really needed. PBL is very hydrophobic on it's own and looks good on it's own. The only thing I have used on PBL is PBL coating booster. Seems to be working just fine.