PDA

View Full Version : Top HD Speed with...

Pages : [1] 2

Coopers ST
08-01-2016, 09:55 AM
If you were to get one product to top HD Speed either HD Poxy or Carpro Reload what would you get?

Sizzle Chest
08-01-2016, 09:59 AM
I've only used Poxy and have had good results. Can't speek for Reload. I've also topped it with Megs 365 and really liked that combo!

natewood70
08-01-2016, 10:01 AM
I'm running a comparison test right now and HD Poxy is one of the candidates. I'm really disappointed in how it has held up for only two weeks after application... The beading isn't tight, and the slickness is seemingly non-existent.

Here's a link to the thread if you wanted to look: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/103278-6-lsps-go-head-head-3.html

I've only heard good things about Reload, so I would say give that a shot if that's the only other product you're considering.

Jay's 128i
08-01-2016, 10:04 AM
I tend to use products from the same line, due to my belief of product synergy.

lane5515
08-01-2016, 10:57 AM
I tend to use products from the same line, due to my belief of product synergy.

I agree. However, Reload is a much better product IMO.

custmsprty
08-01-2016, 11:01 AM
Speed had Poxy in it so it's synergistic system.

I personally don't feel that water beading and slickness are necessarily an indicator of a product working but that being said I saw easily three months of "beading" down here in Florida on the Red non garaged Camaro I did with Speed/Poxy combo and that was with no add on detailing sprays etc..

MFG Statement, note the wax part.

Test Reload in an inconspicuous area before applying to the whole car. In case of uneven areas, wipe off Reload with isopropyl alcohol. Paint should be clean and free of solvents or wax before applying Reload. Reload can be applied on top of CQuartz.

psychout777
08-01-2016, 11:20 AM
I've topped speed with both post and fuzion and thought both were great additions

natewood70
08-01-2016, 12:14 PM
I personally don't feel that water beading and slickness are necessarily an indicator of a product working but that being said I saw easily three months of "beading" down here in Florida on the Red non garaged Camaro I did with Speed/Poxy combo and that was with no add on detailing sprays etc..

That's a disclaimer I tend to put up when reviewing products, but the truth is that perception is what creates value in a product. Aside from beading and slickness, what other short term indicators do we have that protection is actually on paint?

I should also note, that the beading was present, but it wasn't nearly as "tight" as the other products I am testing. They seemed more like free forming amoebas. So, take it for what you feel it's worth, but for me beading and slickness is how I have become molded to understanding if a product is still offering protection. Plus, even if the product is still protecting as intended, I don't see any harm in layering again based upon not seeing tight beads or feeling slickness.

DRO220
08-01-2016, 02:21 PM
I'm not being a smart a$$ by asking this question, I am genuinely curious. Why use a product like Speed if its going to be topped? Why not just use a dedicated polish and then apply the LSP? I currently use HD and Meguires abrasives, and I usually apply Colli 915 or 845 as my LSP. Is there an advantage to using Speed instead of Polish then topping with one of the Collinites?

scuff
08-01-2016, 02:29 PM
I'm not being a smart a$$ by asking this question, I am genuinely curious. Why use a product like Speed if its going to be topped? Why not just use a dedicated polish and then apply the LSP? I currently use HD and Meguires abrasives, and I usually apply Colli 915 or 845 as my LSP. Is there an advantage to using Speed instead of Polish then topping with one of the Collinites?

The OP might not have a polish on hand that will correct as well or as fast as 3D HD Speed (http://www.autogeek.net/3d-hd-speed.html), and wants to enhance the end results of an AIO product. :dunno:

Coopers ST
08-01-2016, 02:38 PM
I am after longevity. I like HD Speed, but think reload can go on when drying and give an extra couple months of protection.

custmsprty
08-01-2016, 02:41 PM
The OP might not have a polish on hand that will correct as well or as fast as 3D HD Speed (http://www.autogeek.net/3d-hd-speed.html), and wants to enhance the end results of an AIO product. :dunno:

What you said. :iagree:

And the Poxy will extend the durability. For me when I use Speed I always top with Poxy as it only takes about 15-20 minutes to apply with a da and about the same to remove. I pick up my work area while I let it cure. My thought is if I spent the time correcting the paint why not add the additional layer. But that's just my personal preference. It also depends on the level of correction required whether I use Speed or Adapt, either way I'll finish off with Poxy.

Pats300zx
08-01-2016, 02:45 PM
I would top with Proxy but I just detailed my truck today and topped with Blackfire.

custmsprty
08-01-2016, 03:14 PM
I am after longevity. I like HD Speed, but think reload can go on when drying and give an extra couple months of protection.

You did see where I posted that Car Pro says don't apply reload on top of a wax? As you know Speed has Poxy in it. I'm thinking they say this for reasons of bonding to the paint vs bonding to the wax which would most likely effect longevity. Make sense? I'm just thinking off the cuff on this.

scuff
08-01-2016, 03:17 PM

I have some Speed arriving tomorrow that's going on a work truck. If Menzerna FMJ agrees with it, I'll be doing the same thing. I figure I have to use up the rest of the FMJ anyway, so why not extend the life of the Speed?