PDA

View Full Version : Wolgang Uber Rinseless

Pages : [1] 2

rajon
08-01-2016, 08:02 AM
Was it really that easy? I bought a new car and it immediately got rained on twice. I had the Uber Rinseless sitting in a cabinet since last fall. I finally tried it. HOLY EASY.

Seriously, three gallons of water? Carefully doing one panel at a time gave me the unintended bonus of carefully examining every square inch of the car. I don't detail for money, I just drive a black car and I like it to look exceptional.

I have the ceramic coating and plan to spend a couple of days in two weeks to perfect the paint and apply the polymers. I used WG PP 3.0 on my last car and was blown away with the performance. I am afraid I am getting a false sense of confidence as everything I have purchased from the Wolfgang line has been all but idiot proof.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=50888&d=1470056431

A few more pictures:
https://goo.gl/photos/dezsPrSqvcqKKcSZ8

BadgerRivFan
08-01-2016, 10:38 AM
Wolfgang products are all top notch. Pick up a bottle of the WG Perfekt Vision Glass Cleaner (when it's on sale). It's performance will also blow you away.

Setec Astronomy
08-01-2016, 10:44 AM
Yeah, the Wolfgang Uber Rinseless is a good wash.

Are those the "high polish" wheels or are they silver paint? Are they painting the barrels now, or are they still bare?

Jowillie
08-01-2016, 10:54 AM
Thrilling isn't it. There's nothing like the nervous anticipation of using a new product on your new black shiny baby, and the excitement (and relief) when it comes out really good. You are now hooked, brother of the black paint realm. You will be tempted to try every new product that potentially could take the shine to the next level. Us owners of the black are the most susceptible to the sirens call of the wax/polymer world. Enjoy, brother. You have dipped your toe into the madness.
(But you're in the right place.)

boomdone
08-01-2016, 12:17 PM
Uber is my go to now but I tend to use it mainly as a Waterless Wash. Lately, when my car is really dirty I've been using my foam gun with Optimum Car wash as a 'pre treatment' and then using Uber in WW form as a follow up. Really like that combo.

But I will throw in a Rinseless wash every now and then (it's all I use in the winter) and it's excellent especially when used with the Ultra Soft Microfiber Rinseless Wash Mitt sold through AG.

silverfox
08-01-2016, 12:36 PM
I haven't used hoses or soap in years. I love rinseless washing and the products keep getting better. If the car is crazy dirty I just pop into the local diy spray wand wash first but that's rare when I need to do that

Scoobertin
08-01-2016, 05:42 PM
It really is that easy. I applied wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant and use uber rinseless and it makes washing easy and fun. I used both of these products for the first time this year and was very impressed. Even my wifey is in awe over these products. I have used uber as rinseless,waterless, clay lubricant and QD, all work awesome. My next product in my cabinet that I am going to try is wolfgangs coating. I am starting to be Wolfgang fan boy. Lol

roguegeek
08-01-2016, 05:47 PM
Wolfgang Uber Rinseless is really that good. The best rinseless/waterless solution out there without protection for sure.

Klasse Act
08-01-2016, 05:57 PM
Rajon, did you use one bucket with multiple towels in there or 2 buckets with the 2nd being for rinse and maybe using an Aqua sponge? I should also tell you that you can take 3 ounces of the very same WGU and a gallon of distilled water and it makes an equally incredible waterless wash!

Welcome to the WGU club!!!

AZpolisher15
08-01-2016, 06:04 PM
OP what did you use for the rinseless- multiple towels or one sponge/mitt?

I always use multiple towels, but I'd like to try it with one mitt/sponge/etc.

cyclops
08-01-2016, 07:42 PM
Really love Wolfgang Uber Rinseless. Use it as clay lube, occasional quick detailer and of course for rinseless wash.
Can't remember who but a regular on the forum uses it a s a window cleaner, must admit I tried it and liked it.

Scoobertin
08-01-2016, 09:19 PM
I really like the rinseless mitts they sell here over the MF towels for a Rinseless wash. I have 2 mitts but need to buy 2 more. I recommend buying a few so you can do several washes before washing them. They are cheap and go on sale regularly here. I also use a rinse bucket, I use 2 gallons and 1/2 oz uber. The QD and waterless ratio make for a good drying aid after a full regular wash.

Not sure why they have two ratios for the waterless and the QD, they are so close to each other. It is just easier to mix the QD ratio and use it as a waterless.

rajon
08-04-2016, 07:19 AM
Wow, thanks for all the replies. Instead of multi quoting I will just try to answer everything.

1. I am turning into a total Wolfgang fanboi as well. I am running out of things to buy.

2. For the process.
a. I used two buckets with grit guards. Rinse and solution. The directions did not explicitly state this but it seemed like good practice.
b. I used multiple wash mitts. I have, um, a lot of them. Particularly considering I only wash two cars.
c. I used cobra drying towels.
d. I went back over the car with a microfiber and some detailer spray just in case.
e. I washed the wheels with their own wash mitts (i keep them segregated)
f. I just put Meg's gold class on it by hand after it started raining because I am just going to tear it off in a week anyway.
g. once I pulled it in the garage I polished the wheels with the DP paste.

3. The wheels are polished and not painted. The posts are not painted. The wheel is a high pressure cast aluminium alloy that matches the physical makeup of a forged wheel. (I work for GM and have access to some rather interesting information)

4. This is my 5th Black car. (Sixth if you count dark gray as black) I have been searching for a car like this for a long, long time. Yes, I paid extra for the better black paint. (Stellar Black Metallic) As an aside my brother in law is the body manager at an assembly plant and he taught me a lot about paint. The cost for premium paint is proportionally low for the manufacturing and material cost. Always go with the upgraded paint ESPECIALLY if it is black or white.

So far I have
1. A Griot's Polisher (with the longer cord - worth the upcharge)
2. Woilfgang PP3, Auto Bathe, Uber Rinseless, pad conditioner and the clay kit
3. I Tried the DP wheel cleaner and polish and I really like it.
4. I lean on Blackfire interior cleaner and protector. It didn't do the best job on the antiqued bronze accents (or whatever they call them). I am trying to find out exactly what they are made of.
5. I have come to favor Lake County pads.
6. Someone here posted to get a lambs wool pad to put under microfiber bonnets. If you don't do it - it is brilliant.

I am just a hack. Really I just like my car to look right. Well I like it to look neck-snapping shiny and be so incredibly reflective that it is hard to see in bright sunlight because it just looks like everything around it, only darker.

People at work have started to ask me detailing questions after they find out that I wash my car myself. Most people lose interest after I say to never, EVER, go to an automatic wash. Seriously though, even before I knew what I didn't know I was scared of those things. I had a White Ranger in college that saw a lot of off-road time. I took it to a coin wash, used dawn and a sponge and then put NuFinish 2000 on it with an applicator I got at an auto parts store and buffed it off with old t shirts. It just seemed like the right thing to do. I have always used armorall religiously and my pleather has never cracked, my IPs don't fade. I am not on the level of anyone that posts here and I am so grateful that you guys give such wonderful information away.

I am a geek, nerd, dork - well engineer suffices - and I believe that owning a black car is a heavy responsibility. Any car is a responsibility but black shows every flaw and declares your attention to detail so loudly.

Setec Astronomy
08-04-2016, 07:55 AM
3. The wheels are polished and not painted. The posts are not painted. The wheel is a high pressure cast aluminium alloy that matches the physical makeup of a forged wheel. (I work for GM and have access to some rather interesting information)

You're not saying they aren't painted, but that they are polished and only have clear? When you say "the posts are not painted" I'm presuming you mean that the barrels and back of the spokes are not painted, as on my GM "high polish" wheels which is what I'm presuming you have.

So between road salt, normal brake residue, and the black brake dust of my OEM pads, my barrels, which you can see clearly through the spoke openings, quickly turned to a horrible rough, stained surface that was impossible to clean or polish. Of course the backs of the spokes did, as well--which ultimately led to the failure of the clearcoat on the polished portions of the wheel from the corrosion getting under the edges of the paint.

I can only hear Bob Lutz asking for 50 cents more per wheel to clear the whole thing to uphold the "mark of excellence". Had the wheels refinished and they turned out horrible, sort of. I guess if you are only going to have the car for 3 years maybe you'll be fine. I guess this just peeves me because on my car these wheels were an extra cost option, how about charging $2 more and painting the backs? The thing that makes me laugh is these premium brands won't paint the barrels but 15 years ago Hyundai was doing it, I don't know about now.

rajon
08-04-2016, 08:17 AM
You're not saying they aren't painted, but that they are polished and only have clear? When you say "the posts are not painted" I'm presuming you mean that the barrels and back of the spokes are not painted, as on my GM "high polish" wheels which is what I'm presuming you have.

So between road salt, normal brake residue, and the black brake dust of my OEM pads, my barrels, which you can see clearly through the spoke openings, quickly turned to a horrible rough, stained surface that was impossible to clean or polish. Of course the backs of the spokes did, as well--which ultimately led to the failure of the clearcoat on the polished portions of the wheel from the corrosion getting under the edges of the paint.

I can only hear Bob Lutz asking for 50 cents more per wheel to clear the whole thing to uphold the "mark of excellence". Had the wheels refinished and they turned out horrible, sort of. I guess if you are only going to have the car for 3 years maybe you'll be fine. I guess this just peeves me because on my car these wheels were an extra cost option, how about charging $2 more and painting the backs? The thing that makes me laugh is these premium brands won't paint the barrels but 15 years ago Hyundai was doing it, I don't know about now.

Ah, I do not know for certain. When I do finally take the two days to fully detail the car - probably in a week - I go so far as to put the car on jack stands and remove the wheels to clean and coat both sides. Also, I have the upgraded brakes that include the "Cadillac" branded calipers that look absolutely gorgeous without being garish. I am going to attempt to put some kind of coating on the face of the calipers as well.

I believe these wheels were dipped rather than sprayed. I saw some (obviously promotional) material on the factory the supplier bought and rebuilt to build GM wheels.

Johan is doing a good job with Cadillac.