PDA

View Full Version : Is it a good idea???

Pages : [1] 2

BILL
06-26-2006, 07:09 PM
To mist your hand foam pad with Crystal Mist Q.D. before applying souveran?

To also mist the surface with C.M. before applying souveran??

And before hand buffing with a M.F. mist the surface with C.M. ??? for added look.....

or mist the hand foam pad with water before applying souveran? and or/surface?? and before hand buffing with a M.F.

Does any of this make good sense.........a good idea??

NOTE: I mention Souveran and Crystal Mist because that's what i use.

But actually the questions for any Q.D. or paste wax.......:)

BlackCoupe
06-26-2006, 07:20 PM
Why not Souveran by hand?

justin_murphy
06-26-2006, 07:26 PM
I mist all of my pads with a QD (XMT pad conditioner now) when I apply anything. I spray the pad and then press the liquid into it. Makes the pad glide better and lets the pad get loaded quicker.
To me that is.

BILL
06-26-2006, 07:31 PM

Sorry......just edited my post.......;)

BILL
06-26-2006, 07:33 PM

All by hand :)

ScottB
06-26-2006, 08:16 PM
I dont find it particularly necessary as the oils in a 'nuba seem to help spread easily. I do mist my pads prior to polishing, and rarely with a sealant.

BILL
06-26-2006, 08:23 PM
I dont find it particularly necessary as the oils in a 'nuba seem to help spread easily. I do mist my pads prior to polishing, and rarely with a sealant.

What do you mist with prior to polishing???

Kelso
06-26-2006, 09:51 PM
souveran goes on super slick, i just applied some today:p and i dont see any need for a qd with it. buffs off wet so again no need for QD. with other waxes or products, maybe- but i dont see a necessity with souveran

BILL
06-27-2006, 06:29 AM
souveran goes on super slick, i just applied some today:p and i dont see any need for a qd with it. buffs off wet so again no need for QD. with other waxes or products, maybe- but i dont see a necessity with souveran

I was thinking more on the line of added gloss.......but probably not, just an idea........thanks........:cheers:

ScottB
06-27-2006, 05:51 PM
What do you mist with prior to polishing???

Use to use Mothers Showtime ... now I use the XMT Pad Conditioner.

abrcrombe
06-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Do you just use the XMT pad conditioner?
What other XMT products do you use on a regular basis?

ScottB
06-27-2006, 06:22 PM
I have used the XMT pad conditioner, pad cleaner, and carnuaba glaze on several occasions. Only used the polishes once but found them to be like Poorboys, which was a fav.

abrcrombe
06-27-2006, 06:30 PM
I am intrested in trying out that glaze. RMG better?

ScottB
06-28-2006, 05:49 AM
I am intrested in trying out that glaze. RMG better?

RMG ---- abrasive, fillers
XMT Glaze --- lightly abrasive, light fillers, and liqht carnuaba protection

slightly different products. I do however really like the Moose Glazes personally. Great products.

Torsion Tool
06-28-2006, 07:12 PM
So the XMT polishes are similar to Poorboy's except that they should be appplied only by machine whereas Poorboys can be applied by both hand and machine?