PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to RV Detailing

asap2stacks
07-31-2016, 07:49 PM
This week im going to be tackling a 40ft Mobile RV it's from the 90s I believe a 1998 (will have more info tomorrow), but I could really use some good advice on how to tackle this big boy and tips on how to compound polish and wax it as well.

What's the best way to remove oxidation from them? Do I take it on like a boat or a car or is it completely different then both?

I own a big detailing shop and have all the tools of the trade and supplies as well.

Someone that is experience please give me some help on where to start, what to use, and how to use them.

Thank you and like I said I'll have photos and more info tomorrow morning when I go to inspect and do a walk around if the RV.

GSKR
07-31-2016, 08:38 PM
I just did one last week,it was color painted not that dreary white.It was a 2005 Dutch something.Took 2 days to do and no roof,he didn't want to pay extra so I gladly agreed.xmt the whole thing and applied ultima guard.came out glistening,and got a slk and challenger from his neighbor.

GSKR
07-31-2016, 08:44 PM
Your method on those big rolling homes is depicted on how much$$$ your getting.Some pay good others don't that when you figure out a simple step method of detailing it quick and still be profitable.There are hackers here that wash and wax them things for 250.00

Jomax
07-31-2016, 09:27 PM
I just did one last week,it was color painted not that dreary white.It was a 2005 Dutch something.Took 2 days to do and no roof,he didn't want to pay extra so I gladly agreed.xmt the whole thing and applied ultima guard.came out glistening,and got a slk and challenger from his neighbor.

XMT? Is that an AIO?

asap2stacks
08-01-2016, 04:06 AM
Your method on those big rolling homes is depicted on how much$$$ your getting.Some pay good others don't that when you figure out a simple step method of detailing it quick and still be profitable.There are hackers here that wash and wax them things for 250.00

Well we our in the 4 digits area

GSKR
08-01-2016, 08:34 AM
Let's say a thousand dollars, on 40 ft there would have to be a aio involved.cant really say for sure without pics.A lot of the rv won't accept a aio if it's baked and faded need pics for a defenetive answer.also if you have a collection of polishes you might want to try some test spots and see what your dealing with.a lot of variables come into play when dealing with These vehicles.First thing is the owners expectation and pay.

asap2stacks
08-01-2016, 10:10 AM

He's removing the pin stripes

Jomax
08-01-2016, 12:52 PM
That thing is HAMMERED

Nick McKees37
08-01-2016, 01:55 PM
This week im going to be tackling a 40ft Mobile RV it's from the 90s I believe a 1998 (will have more info tomorrow), but I could really use some good advice on how to tackle this big boy and tips on how to compound polish and wax it as well.

What's the best way to remove oxidation from them? Do I take it on like a boat or a car or is it completely different then both?

I own a big detailing shop and have all the tools of the trade and supplies as well.

Someone that is experience please give me some help on where to start, what to use, and how to use them.

Thank you and like I said I'll have photos and more info tomorrow morning when I go to inspect and do a walk around if the RV.

Going by the photos you sent, I would recommend using these two products:

McKee's RV Heavy Cut Oxidation Remover (http://www.autogeek.net/rv-oxidation-remover.html) - - wool pad

McKee's RV All-In-One Cleaner Wax & Sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/mckee-rv-aio-cleaner-wax.html) - - foam pad

It's going to be a lot of work for sure, but at least you'll have "the good stuff" to make the job easier! :buffing:

GSKR
08-01-2016, 02:10 PM
I think you will do more harm than good machine polishing that.Theres probably gonna have major ghosting with decal removing.If your getting paid good money we all have to eat,so polish away my friend I would defenetly try a one step on that if all possible with foam.Your main goal is to make it shine and get paid.