PDA

View Full Version : Customers off of your vehicles appearance

Jeremy1976
07-31-2016, 01:38 PM
My wife was grocery shopping today at the local Festival. She took my Lexus. When she was walking out she noticed a middle aged couple standing around my car. She was concerned they hit it with their car or a cart. When she got up to it they asked how she keeps her car so clear . She told them that I do professional detailing part time and gave them a business card.

Before she got home they called and asked about what exactly I do and pricing and scheduled their full size truck and car right away. This is the 4th customer I got from this. Anyone ever have similar experiences?

Funny thing is both our cars are filthy and I just got done doing maintenance washes on both of them.... Well, filthy to me.

Anyways, hope you all had a nice weekend!

Detail on!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Marc08EX
07-31-2016, 01:47 PM
Congrats!!! Your work really shows then.

Haven't experienced this yet.

ViperGuy21
07-31-2016, 03:19 PM
That is awesome!
The last job I did(full correction on black work truck)was from someone seeing how good my car looked and talking to me about it at my job. When he first inquired about why my car looks so good I explained I do detailing on the side and that led to him calling me up when he needed something done. Sounds like I will also be doing the inside of his mustang at some point

haris300
07-31-2016, 03:31 PM
That's great! Your hard work really paid off. I've never gotten any potential customers from my work car with my company logos on it, but my Z has gotten me a few. It's nice when people ask who your detailer is at a car show ;)

LEDetailing
07-31-2016, 04:09 PM
Can you write off each car wash as advertising:) Your car is probably cleaner than 99.9% percent of the cars in every parking lot. I'm not surprised by this, our cars usually look noticeably different than the vast majority. This is the ultimate complement for you and your work. Should look into getting a small decal to put in your window or maybe a small magnet for the door. If your car has gotten four customers with no advertising on the side. Imagine how many you would get with advertising on the side. Might look a little gaudy/tacky on a Lexus. Thanks for sharing.

Rod73
07-31-2016, 05:13 PM
That's how I started detailing. My coworkers loved my new car. Then they laughed about how I take care of it. Then it turned into hmmm could you do that to mine conversations lol.

usmcpab
07-31-2016, 05:37 PM
I've caught a couple of eyes and started some conversations out in the street but never had anyone actually book anything. I guess I'm pricier than the people around the street corner.

WillSports3
07-31-2016, 05:56 PM
My cars appearance is what caused my girlfriends coworker to ask her if I can detail her suv and a friend of mine to ask me to do paint correction on his car. I don't charge because I just enjoy the process of it but of course I don't just do anyone's that asks.

Bill1234
07-31-2016, 06:20 PM
I have kinda done this. I have made it known to others that I do some work but when they see my work it gets them more interested. What I dont like though is customers thinking I charge 99 bucks for a whole car....

215Detailing
08-02-2016, 05:04 PM
I have been detailing for quite some years now, bought a used 1998 BUICK PARK AVENUE about five years back, white as snow, always received compliments and inquiries, but never anything to serious, but seems like when I have a customers XF JAGUAR, BMW X6, and other cars folk like to stop about services, last year I go purchase an 2008 INFINITI M35, folks stop at times, most look and shake head in agreement to car looking good, when most folks stop they are lowball price shopping, had one guy stop with 2008 BLACK INFINITI M45 same body as mine don't want to pay no more than $15.00 for a wash and vacuum, but want me to treat spots in headliner and clean and condition seats. never took job. Too many $10.00 side car wash in this city quick, wash & vac with tires dressed and spray wax. Hard to brand yourself here.

Justin at Final Inspection
08-02-2016, 05:21 PM
Yup my black Camaro which a lot of my friends and clients remember got me business and now my red GTO does occasionally. Especially at the local shows when I have my cards on display under the hood.