PDA

View Full Version : Not at all happy with Autogeek, very disappointed

Pages : [1] 2

TK70
07-30-2016, 03:36 PM
I just joined this forum to voice my displeasure with Autogeek. I'm not sure where else to do so.

I received a DP Turbo Dryer last year (June 2015) from my kids for Father's Day. I used the dryer 3-4 times at the most last summer. It worked fine.
When I went to use it again this spring (2016), it gave off a burning smell and the motor ran slower and slower. I stopped using it for fear it might catch on fire. I tried it briefly a few more times to see if it would auto-correct itself, but it did not.

So I called Autogeek in June of this year (2016) and told them about the issue.

The canned response was that the item has a 1-year warranty, and mine was purchased in May of 2015, so it is out of warranty.
Well it was purchased in May, ahead of Father's Day to be a gift. Usually gifts are bought in advance of the special occasion. The dryer didn't get used until after Father's Day.
And it was only used a few times all of last summer!

In June 2016, I made multiple phone calls to Autogeek asking them to replace the dryer. It was barely over the 1-year warranty (by a month), and was barely used. It is like brand new! In fact it was not used during that extra month because it was wrapped up as gift!
After many replies saying they will "see what they could do", the final decision was that there was nothing they can do. 1-yr and that's it, regardless of extenuating circumstances.
I realize that technically they can play that 1-yr card, but with customer service and reputation on the line, I'd think they would consider making the exception. If anyone from Autogeek is watching and/or is interested, the order number was 1309036.

So I'm back to using my leaf blower to dry off my car and $150 lighter in the wallet. Thanks a bunch.

I'd just like to go on record that this was my first and last purchase from Autogeek. I'm very disappointed.

lane5515
07-30-2016, 03:58 PM
You exceeded the warranty timeframe, simple as that. I'm tired of hearing people complain when they don't get their way and then turn around and ##### about it. Go pound sand cuz nobody wants to hear about it.

custmsprty
07-30-2016, 03:58 PM
I'm disappointed this forum is turning into a let's b***h about AG Customer Service Forum.

I have personally contacted them numerous times via email and telephone and always been satisfied with the outcome.

I sell packaging equipment and other types of equipment and they have warranties. When the warranty expires it expires, case closed. Regardless of gift or not, it's date of purchase.

jcaustin87
07-30-2016, 04:23 PM
And people say millennials are "gimme" generation....

swanicyouth
07-30-2016, 04:29 PM
Sux man. I feel your pain...But the warranty is the warranty... Maybe they could have taken care of you, but you can't really bash them for sticking with the warranty as stated.

On another note, if it was me - I would take it apart and see what is going on. If your not "handy", I'm sure an electric motor repair shop may be able to help. Could be something as simple as damaged brushes or the internal wiring came loose.

I have a Metro Sidekick and Master Blaster and they are pretty much bullet proof. MANY of them have been sold for MANY years - and I can't recall ever seeing a complaint of this type. Maybe someone said their hose popped off - but that's about it.

FWIW, when I buy something like this - I always try to buy a tried and true product where the company who actually manufactures it - has THEIR name on it.

For example, companies like Rupes, Metro, Milwaukee, etc... Parts are readily available and if you need something - you are dealing with the actual people who make it - opposed to someone who just slapped their name on it.

TK70
07-30-2016, 04:37 PM
I am truly sorry if I offended anyone. I thought this was the correct forum to voice an opinion, based on this forum description:

- Forum: Customer Comments
- Tell us what you think about the products you're using or about Autogeek. You opinions count!

Based on that description, it seemed like Autogeek was interested in my opinion. And this was simply my opinion based on my experience. As I said, I wasn't sure where or how to get feedback to them. Evidently this wasn't the place to do it. Maybe a private email would have been more appropriate. I'm sorry.

Bottom line (and I realize this) is that the warranty is what it is. The company has the every right to stand firm on that. And I have the right to buy or not buy from them in the future. It's just that simple.
I am disappointed that I am using my leaf blower again and I'm out $150.

I apologize if I upset or offended anyone.

scuff
07-30-2016, 04:43 PM
I sell packaging equipment and other types of equipment and they have warranties. When the warranty expires it expires, case closed. Regardless of gift or not, it's date of purchase.

So you run your business like a business?

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

I find some of these complaint threads baffling. The seller is expected (or demanded) to exceed the terms of the sale, no matter the loss to them.

L.L. Bean has a serious problem with people abusing their guarantee. Seems like Retail Dissociative Disorder might have a place in the DSM-6.

http://www.npr.org/sections/money/2013/09/25/223787129/what-happens-when-a-store-lets-customers-return-whatever-they-want

57BORNTORUN
07-30-2016, 04:43 PM
What is this...gang up on the GEEK week.I recently had to replace or have fixed a $1700.00 TV and a $2300.00 frig. Both just weeks out of extended warranties. One was due to a lighting strike to my house.Due to my insurance deductible expenses are out-of-pocket.

Rsurfer
07-30-2016, 04:45 PM
Sux man. I feel your pain...But the warranty is the warranty... Maybe they could have taken care of you, but you can't really bash them for sticking with the warranty as stated.

On another note, if it was me - I would take it apart and see what is going on. If your not "handy", I'm sure an electric motor repair shop may be able to help. Could be something as simple as damaged brushes or the internal wiring came loose.

I have a Metro Sidekick and Master Blaster and they are pretty much bullet proof. MANY of them have been sold for MANY years - and I can't recall ever seeing a complaint of this type. Maybe someone said their hose popped off - but that's about it.

FWIW, when I buy something like this - I always try to buy a tried and true product where the company who actually manufactures it - has THEIR name on it.

For example, companies like Rupes, Metro, Milwaukee, etc... Parts are readily available and if you need something - you are dealing with the actual people who make it - opposed to someone who just slapped their name on it.
Isn't the McKee's 37 Turbo Car Dryer the same dryer? If so, it's New and Improved, wonder why.

scuff
07-30-2016, 04:58 PM
I just joined this forum to voice my displeasure with Autogeek. I'm not sure where else to do so.

I received a DP Turbo Dryer last year (June 2015) from my kids for Father's Day. I used the dryer 3-4 times at the most last summer. It worked fine.
When I went to use it again this spring (2016), it gave off a burning smell and the motor ran slower and slower. I stopped using it for fear it might catch on fire. I tried it briefly a few more times to see if it would auto-correct itself, but it did not.

So I called Autogeek in June of this year (2016) and told them about the issue.

The canned response was that the item has a 1-year warranty, and mine was purchased in May of 2015, so it is out of warranty.
Well it was purchased in May, ahead of Father's Day to be a gift. Usually gifts are bought in advance of the special occasion. The dryer didn't get used until after Father's Day.
And it was only used a few times all of last summer!

In June 2016, I made multiple phone calls to Autogeek asking them to replace the dryer. It was barely over the 1-year warranty (by a month), and was barely used. It is like brand new! In fact it was not used during that extra month because it was wrapped up as gift!
After many replies saying they will "see what they could do", the final decision was that there was nothing they can do. 1-yr and that's it, regardless of extenuating circumstances.
I realize that technically they can play that 1-yr card, but with customer service and reputation on the line, I'd think they would consider making the exception. If anyone from Autogeek is watching and/or is interested, the order number was 1309036.

So I'm back to using my leaf blower to dry off my car and $150 lighter in the wallet. Thanks a bunch.

I'd just like to go on record that this was my first and last purchase from Autogeek. I'm very disappointed.

I am truly sorry if I offended anyone. I thought this was the correct forum to voice an opinion, based on this forum description:

- Tell us what you think about the products you're using or about Autogeek. You opinions count!

Based on that description, it seemed like Autogeek was interested in my opinion. And this was simply my opinion based on my experience. As I said, I wasn't sure where or how to get feedback to them. Evidently this wasn't the place to do it. Maybe a private email would have been more appropriate. I'm sorry.

Bottom line (and I realize this) is that the warranty is what it is. The company has the every right to stand firm on that. And I have the right to buy or not buy from them in the future. It's just that simple.
I am disappointed that I am using my leaf blower again and I'm out $150.

I apologize if I upset or offended anyone.

You stated that you already had multiple contacts with AG about the issue. If AG already knew your opinion on the matter, so I'm not sure what you hoped to accomplish here.

There's nothing to apologize for, but everyone has an opinion, and we wouldn't be posting if we didn't want to share ours, too. I wouldn't be happy about the failure you experienced, but I wouldn't condemn AG's customer service for their position on the matter. On the whole, I believe they've done well by their customers over the years.

custmsprty
07-30-2016, 05:03 PM
What is this...gang up on the GEEK week.I recently had to replace or have fixed a $1700.00 TV and a $2300.00 frig. Both just weeks out of extended warranties. One was due to a lighting strike to my house.Due to my insurance deductible expenses are out-of-pocket.

I feel your pain brother!

Second Samsung washer, thankfully first one was covered by Geeksqud extedned warranty (monet well invested) replaced for new after second fix attempt. Had a microwave go out the week after extended warranty expired. S.O.L.

PS Don't buy a Samsung front loader, the basket balance breaks after a couple years, it happened on both of them.

BM1024
07-30-2016, 05:11 PM

- Tell us what you think about the products you're using or about Autogeek. Your opinions count!

Based on that description, it seemed like Autogeek was interested in my opinion. And this was simply my opinion based on my experience. As I said, I wasn't sure where or how to get feedback to them. Evidently this wasn't the place to do it.

As I was just told in a private message by one of the mods - you are only allowed to "Tell us what you think about the products you're using or about Autogeek" if you have something positive to say. Anything negative is considered bashing and a violation of RULE #4.

As for the "Your opinions count!" - again only if it is as something positive. Again Rule #4

See the FAQ if you have any questions (or an independent thought.)

P.S. @custmsprty - It is not turning into a b**** - just people using a section dedicated to what we thought was an open venue for Customer Comments section.

BM1024
07-30-2016, 05:14 PM

And on this point, while as I consumer I may not like it, I agree with AG - the warranty is the warranty.

For the OP - Check with your credit card company. Mine automatically doubles the warranty on all purchases up to an additional 2 years. They might be able to help you. Good Luck!

TK70
07-30-2016, 06:02 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. You guys are absolutely right. In today's consumer market, I've gotten used to retailers, big box or on-line, having some "wiggle room" in their policies. Typically if you follow-up a purchase of a bad product with a reasonable set of extenuating circumstances they will flex their return policies a bit. However, I was confusing "policy" with "warranty" in this case. The first one is flexible, the second is not. My bad.

So you are right. A warranty is a warranty. I have no right to right to challenge that. I apologize to Autogeek and anyone else I've upset.

Moderator - Feel free to clean up the subject line or delete this thread entirely if that is the appropriate thing to do. Case closed. Thanks.

RonAlv
07-30-2016, 06:26 PM
I feel your pain brother!

Second Samsung washer, thankfully first one was covered by Geeksqud extedned warranty (monet well invested) replaced for new after second fix attempt. Had a microwave go out the week after extended warranty expired. S.O.L.

PS Don't buy a Samsung front loader, the basket balance breaks after a couple years, it happened on both of them.

I just got a notice in the mail that there is a class action lawsuit against various front loading washing machines manufacturer's. Samsung, Whirlpool, Maytag and a few others were named. We have had LG for about 8 yrs now.
Just an FYI...

Regards,
Ron A.