PDA

View Full Version : Opti seal alternatives

Pages : [1] 2 3

Cruzscarwash
07-30-2016, 03:33 PM
What are other quick spray and wipe seals like Opti seal??

pheerix
07-30-2016, 04:38 PM
Other WOWAs are WG Liquid Seal, BF Crystal Seal, Ultima PPP
WOWOs are: Wolfgang Sealant Spritz, Rupes P808, BF Polymer Spray, DG Aquawax etc

FUNX650
07-30-2016, 04:40 PM
How about the original WOWA Sealant:

Ultima Paint Guard Plus, paint sealant, liquid wax, paint sealer, car wax sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-paint-guard-plus.html)

Bob

BM1024
07-30-2016, 05:17 PM
As a future user, may I ask why you are looking for an alternative? Problems? Didn't like?

Cruzscarwash
07-30-2016, 05:27 PM
No, I like it, but I'm sure like many on here I have way to much of all types of products and want to try them all!!!

Mantilgh
07-30-2016, 08:52 PM
Opti-Seal in very nice, and will make a good benchmark for your testing.

Plus one on every product listed so far. I've had good results with the few that I have tried, and have heard nothing but good things about the others listed.

Just to add another one or two:

Rupes P808 Protective Sealant. Very nice and works well.

Haven't used it, but again, always good reviews.

Sonax Polymer Net Shield. Edit: Maybe not as easy as Opti-Seal.

Is this for personal, or business use?

WRAPT C5Z06
07-30-2016, 09:48 PM
Opti-Seal is fantastic.

Real Riders
07-30-2016, 09:56 PM
I personally stopped using Opti Seal and now use Ultima Paint Guard Plus. Ultima is a true wipe on walk away sealant and works great. Opti Seal usually leaves a film after applying and I have to go back after 30 minutes and wipe off the residue/smears left on the paint

spazzz
07-30-2016, 10:08 PM
I personally stopped using Opti Seal and now use Ultima Paint Guard Plus. Ultima is a true wipe on walk away sealant and works great. Opti Seal usually leaves a film after applying and I have to go back after 30 minutes and wipe off the residue/smears left on the paint

Really? You must put it on thicker than me.
I usually do a last one rag wipe with whatever I use anyway.
Lately for me(and today) it has been opti-seal as a drying aid.
I'm still in the honeymoon phase after 4 months but it could be the real thing this time

Cruzscarwash
07-30-2016, 11:29 PM
Opti-Seal in very nice, and will make a good benchmark for your testing.

Plus one on every product listed so far. I've had good results with the few that I have tried, and have heard nothing but good things about the others listed.

Just to add another one or two:

Rupes P808 Protective Sealant. Very nice and works well.

Haven't used it, but again, always good reviews.

Sonax Polymer Net Shield. Edit: Maybe not as easy as Opti-Seal.

Is this for personal, or business use?

Both really, this opti seal seems to last forever. I have net shield but it is not as easy, now it's not hard to use but it's not as easy. I put to sprays per panel just so I can use it up and I still have 3/4 of a bottle left. I'd like to get a new one to use for more of a business use.

Vegas1
08-03-2016, 03:52 AM
Opti Seal usually leaves a film after applying and I have to go back after 30 minutes and wipe off the residue/smears left on the paint

That's really strange. I've been using Opti Seal for over six years and I've never had any problems with any residue or smearing.

dcjredline
08-03-2016, 09:04 AM
I would stick with Opti-seal also. Search youtube for Yvans multiple uses and you will see why. I use it mainly as a drying aid and LOVE it, no streaking

Cruzscarwash
08-03-2016, 09:42 AM
I would stick with Opti-seal also. Search youtube for Yvans multiple uses and you will see why. I use it mainly as a drying aid and LOVE it, no streaking

I've had it for over a year and have applied it countless time, it's a great deal for the money, I guess I just want to see what else I can throw my money at and see how those do. I really shouldn't but I've just got that itch

zmcgovern45
08-03-2016, 09:53 AM
Ever consider something like CarPro HydrO2? Spray on, rinse off. Extremely hydrophobic, and quite durable.

MattPersman
08-03-2016, 11:23 AM
+1 on the hydro2 suggestion that is if you do hose washes not everyone does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk