PDA

View Full Version : Maserati paint film by reputable tint shop damage.

Pages : [1] 2

Maestro Sam
07-28-2016, 09:31 AM
Long story short, took my new 2016 Maserati with ceramic coating to a tint shop that does paint protection film. These guys are very reputable in my area. Took my car to get the bumper, side mirrors, and hood to be filmed after removing the ceramic coating from these areas. After the job was done, I noticed a white line going across the bumper and told the owner about these damages. I told him it was not there at first and he was stating that I might not have noticed the scratched because of the ceramic coating? LOL! Little does he know I am a detailer and without any proof, it was his words against mine. I asked him if I could take the film off, correct it, and if they can reapply that part of the area without any charge and they agreed. I got the film done yesterday on 7/27/2016 and soon as I got home, I started peeling the film before it cures on. While I was peeling the section that was "believed" to be the film, the film also had the scratch that was underneath the scratch on the area itself? Also, when I looked at the paint, it looks like it was slightly cracked. I left half of the scratch covered and half peeled to tell the owner about this issue for proof. What are my options? Thanks

Potsnu
07-28-2016, 10:37 AM
Why would you apply ceramic coating on the paint before applying paint protection film?

I thought you were a detailer...

You also took it to a shop that specializes in window tinting to do PPF?

Mike lambert
07-28-2016, 10:49 AM
Your film will not cure properly on top of the coating. Make sure it is not a cot from a razor blade. If the paint is cracked it is most likely the pulled the film off to re apply a piece that was not done correctly. I've seen that before on Maserati. Unless you have pictures before, I think you're poop out of luck!

natewood70
07-28-2016, 11:05 AM
Long story short, took my new 2016 Maserati with ceramic coating to a tint shop that does paint protection film. These guys are very reputable in my area. Took my car to get the bumper, side mirrors, and hood to be filmed after removing the ceramic coating from these areas. After the job was done, I noticed a white line going across the bumper and told the owner about these damages.

Why would you apply ceramic coating on the paint before applying paint protection film?

You don't need to jump down his throat like that. It was clearly stated that the coating was removed from those specific areas prior to application.

Your film will not cure properly on top of the coating. Make sure it is not a cot from a razor blade. If the paint is cracked it is most likely the pulled the film off to re apply a piece that was not done correctly. I've seen that before on Maserati. Unless you have pictures before, I think you're poop out of luck!

As stated above, the coating was removed according to his original post.

I do agree, this will be an uphill battle without before/after pictures. Maybe you can finish the peel off in front of the owner? That might be your only chance to prove that they are at fault.

Maestro Sam
07-28-2016, 11:06 AM

People like you should be ban. Do not jump in to conclusion. I had removed all the coating from areas that were going to be filmed. Please think before you talk

Maestro Sam
07-28-2016, 11:08 AM

The coating has been removed fully before applying the film over it. The same line that appears on the front bumper is on the same location of the film. Might have damaged the car after the film was installed

Maestro Sam
07-28-2016, 11:11 AM
You don't need to jump down his throat like that. It was clearly stated that the coating was removed from those specific areas prior to application.

As stated above, the coating was removed according to his original post.

I do agree, this will be an uphill battle without before/after pictures. Maybe you can finish the peel off in front of the owner? That might be your only chance to prove that they are at fault.

Thanks Nate,
Some people don't read the full paragraph and jump into conclusions. I will prolly record a video, take it to the shop and peel it in front of them

Maestro Sam
07-28-2016, 11:13 AM

Just because they specialize in window tinting does not mean they dont specialize in filming as well.. Please do not make dumb comments. I know my feedbacks are harsh but people like you must learn to respect others and not jump to conclusion. I have stated specifically what I have done before getting the film removed and you coming out like an ass from the gekko.

GSKR
07-28-2016, 12:16 PM
Your film will not cure properly on top of the coating. Make sure it is not a cot from a razor blade. If the paint is cracked it is most likely the pulled the film off to re apply a piece that was not done correctly. I've seen that before on Maserati. Unless you have pictures before, I think you're poop out of luck!agreed I'm thinking razor damage.

Billy Baldone
07-28-2016, 12:28 PM
I too am thinkinh razor blade

GSKR
07-28-2016, 12:33 PM
If so wetsand after your compensated if indeed razor damage.

Jay's 128i
07-28-2016, 12:45 PM
From what you stated,without pictures, I would agree that it was razor damage. From my experience, Maserati paint fits into what I call medium hardness. That's why me thinks razor damage. Let us know what happens and sorry about your misfortune.

Maestro Sam
07-28-2016, 01:24 PM
Here is a picture of the scratch. The white is on the paint and on the film.

Potsnu
07-28-2016, 01:24 PM
Just because they specialize in window tinting does not mean they dont specialize in filming as well.. Please do not make dumb comments. I know my feedbacks are harsh but people like you must learn to respect others and not jump to conclusion. I have stated specifically what I have done before getting the film removed and you coming out like an ass from the gekko.

I must have hit a nerve for you quote my response on two different post.

No before/after photos & videos. I wish you the best of luck getting this amicably resolved on a your word against his word argument. Should end well, it always does.

Potsnu
07-28-2016, 01:27 PM
People like you should be ban. Do not jump in to conclusion. I had removed all the coating from areas that were going to be filmed. Please think before you talk

This makes even more sense now.

You had the intention to PPF the car, but decided you should ceramic coat the entire car? Then remove specific areas for PPF? Wow I really shouldn't jump to conclusions if that's the approach you're taking on a new car!

Most people would prep their car brand new from delivery, removing containments, imperfections, buffer trails from the factory. Then drop it off to the installer for PPF. Then add ceramic coating on top of the PPF.

More power to you though.