PDA

View Full Version : Running out of product or tool failure worry when detailing

WAXOFF
07-27-2016, 08:49 PM
What product or tool would you never want to be without when you are doing a detail. I know I bought and extra Flex 3401 just in case mine would quit in the middle of a job. I also have plenty of 105/205 on hand and after having a Tornador Black I would be lost without it also. I would just feel my jobs wouldn't meet my standards with those items.

GSKR
07-27-2016, 09:02 PM
I would say vac failure because there is no substitute for it,other than buying a new one.

WAXOFF
07-27-2016, 09:11 PM
I just bought an extra GUV in case mine goes out also. It's 12 years old so you never know. I forgot it's in the basement ready to go at a moments notice.

ronkh57
07-27-2016, 09:23 PM
I always over buy just for that very reason

VISITOR
07-27-2016, 09:41 PM
one thing i try to have are plenty of good quality microfiber towels (these touch the paint the most and you can't skimp on them). if i like the lot that i get i usually will order more. unfortunately, they aren't always the same consistency and vary from batch to batch. also, good detailing brushes/tools as you never know when or if they will be discontinued or start to decline in quality. like that saying, "they don't make them like they use to"...

dlc95
07-27-2016, 11:29 PM
I have to have a Porter Cable 7424 at least. I also have gallons of M100/M205/M66, and a 64oz of M21. 24 green cutting pads, 24 blue polishing pads, and ten red waxing pads.

dcjredline
07-27-2016, 11:30 PM
Ive got 4 vacuums. One is portable, one is strictly for wet (but in a pinch could be dry obviously) and I have a Metro mounted on the passengers side of the cars and a Remote Control Wall Mount 5.0 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vac on the drivers side. When I have my little helper we go at both sides of the car together.

I think thats about all I would be lost without too is a vacuum.

Mantilgh
07-28-2016, 11:09 PM
I do very few polishing jobs, but a back up polisher would be something I would want if I did.

Mostly simple tools...

My toothbrush style brush for getting into and under tight areas while vacuuming interiors.

My set of Wheel Woolies. I've think I've used them on every wheel detail I've done since I've bought them. Smallest one is least used, largest is the most used.

Of course a vacuum. It's a real PITA to clean an interior without a working vacuum.

Which brings me to my next important one if you're mobile, a reliable generator.

And, one chemical...

A highly concentrated orange based solvent degreaser/cleaner. Ridiculous cleaning ability for oil, greasy, sticky, and just about any other kind of stain on carpets, cloth, and "leather" seats.

Eldorado2k
07-28-2016, 11:46 PM
I always try to carry an extra new chemical resistant sprayer or 2.. Because you never know when they'll decide to quit working or you could accidentally drop a bottle and break 1.

Another thing is an extra brand new hose nozzle. I should be better at always having a spare 1 on deck. Just recently, on my last detail job, my nozzle started to act up and leak excessively + kept un screwing from the customers hose. Very frustrating to have that happen away from home.

Mantilgh
07-29-2016, 12:15 AM
Plus one on the extra sprayers, it's always good to have a back up or two.

asap2stacks
07-29-2016, 05:12 AM
I would say vac failure because there is no substitute for it,other than buying a new one.

I'm with Gskr, if your vac goes up your f***ed.