PDA

View Full Version : RUPES BigFoot Production Officially Starts in the USA

Pages : [1] 2 3

Dylan@RUPES
07-27-2016, 10:05 AM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

BigFoot Production Officially Starts in the USA

Longmont, Colorado – July 27th, 2016 - Continuing their commitment to growth in the US market, RUPES announced today the beginning of production for a number of their popular BigFoot electric polishers at their North American facility. This event marks the first time that the primary manufacturing of the class-leading BigFoot tools will occur outside of Italy.

“It’s truly an honor.” says Chip Case, General Manager for RUPES USA. “The investment and the faith in our team here in the US to build these tools shows just how committed to supporting the US market RUPES is.”

Manufacturing tolerances and standards set in Italy are maintained in the Colorado facility, including strict quality control. LHR21ES and LHR15ES tools from the US factory have already begun to make their way into the market with the Mark II versions and other BigFoot models to follow by the end of Q4 2016.

After bursting onto the scene about 5 years ago, the RUPES BigFoot family of tools have become the preferred option for professionals and enthusiasts. With manufacturing of the tools now a reality in the US, the company will be able to provide even higher levels of service and produce tools to meet the ever increasing demand.

RUPES SpA is a one of the leading manufacturers of specialty electric and pneumatic tools as well as vacuum dust extraction systems for a variety of industries including detailing, body shop, industrial, woodworking, and marine.

http://i.imgur.com/Qs6ReXm.jpg

PRESS CONTACTS:

International -
RUPES S.p.A. Vermezzo (MI) - Italy
Francesco Ginocchio | Marketing Manager
E-mail: fginocchio@rupes.it
Phone: +39.02.94694.304

North America -
RUPES USA, Inc. Longmont, CO - USA
Dylan von Kleist | Marketing Manager
E-mail: dylanv@rupesusa.com
Phone: +1(970)535-0100 ext 322

atgonzales
07-27-2016, 10:37 AM
All the BEST, Rupes, Welcome Stateside

Dereksdtail
07-27-2016, 12:37 PM
I want a job👍

Zelfiris
07-27-2016, 12:47 PM
Now that the manufacturing is within the USA and there is cost saving (not shipping from Italy anymore), are we (end customers) be expecting any discounts in the future?

I'm curious to know

Dylan@RUPES
07-27-2016, 12:59 PM
Now that the manufacturing is within the USA and there is cost saving (not shipping from Italy anymore), are we (end customers) be expecting any discounts in the future?

I'm curious to know

Not that simple unfortunately, just because they're manufactured here instead of shipped there are other cost considerations that increase as a result. This change is really more about 2 things for us:

1 - Increasing responsiveness to market demand by removing the transit times associated with cross-atlantic shipments
2 - Increasing production capacity globally by reducing the stress of the US demand on our Italian manufacturing

Fair question for sure, and I'm not intimately involved with all of the component pricing and things of that nature, but moving production into the US is rarely a cost savings for any industry. The only way companies build cheaper tools is to produce knock offs in China where they can truly reduce overhead costs by leveraging the lack of regulation and the lowest cost labor. Reduce overhead by eliminating R&D / engineering (don't need those when you build copies) do away with localized support, customer service, repair capacity, training, etc. The expectations for what the company building the tool does for the customer would have to be greatly reduced and so long as we're paying premium wages in the US for non-skilled labor its gonna be hard to manufacture a tool here inexpensively as it requires more skilled labor and we maintain higher service and support standards.

custmsprty
07-27-2016, 02:10 PM
Awesome!

As a person who has sold packaging and mro to manufacturing, fulfillment and distribution for 25+ years I commend Rupes for making this investment.

This speaks highly of Rupes as a company and their commitment to the US detailing market place.

Well done!

Mike Phillips
07-27-2016, 04:07 PM
***Congratulations!***

Congratulations to RUPES for their new venture here in the United States!

Based upon everything I've witnessed first hand in my experience with RUPES, their staff and their operations I'm confident this will be a huge success for the company and another landmark event in their history.

Thank you for sharing this news on the AGO forum Dylan.

:dblthumb2:

idriveblackcars
07-27-2016, 04:08 PM
Great stuff!! I'm not a pro but love the rupes system and their polishers.

rlmccarty2000
07-27-2016, 04:48 PM
Another reason to take a Colorado vacation!

Dylan@RUPES
07-27-2016, 04:54 PM

I'm thinking we need to add the "BUILD YOUR OWN BIGFOOT EXPERIENCE" :)

custmsprty
07-27-2016, 04:56 PM
I'm thinking we need to add the "BUILD YOUR OWN BIGFOOT EXPERIENCE" :)

Schedules plant tours and then the option to buy a machine coming off of the production line would be cool!

dlc95
07-27-2016, 07:44 PM
Thank you, and congrats!

ScottH
07-27-2016, 08:50 PM
Awesome news! I love to see things manufactured in the good 'ole USA! Congrats RUPES and thank for putting your trust in us!

DAnewbie
07-27-2016, 10:10 PM
only need one reason. the rest is just icing on the proverbial cake.

57BORNTORUN
07-27-2016, 11:17 PM
Congrats and welcome.Is there, was there a RUPES rotary polisher or is there no market requirement?