PDA

View Full Version : Pissed at body shop!

Pages : [1] 2

AbileneAutoWerx
07-26-2016, 10:47 PM
So I've waited 45 days to do a correction on my '15 Yukon since it has some paint work done after a hail storm. In the shade it looks decent,hit it with the light and here's what you get. It's all under the clear. Paint so thin you can see primer and I don't know WTH else is going on with it. Even something on the glass. I spent 11hrs on the driver side,back hatch,front end and hood. Moved to the passanger side and got the front fender and door done then saw this on the rear passanger door and quarter panel. Stopped there and went into orbit!!!!!!!!!50756507575075850759

precisionmobile85
07-26-2016, 11:05 PM
Wow that's really bad. Sorry man. I'm no auto body pro but the clear looks very light as well. Is that overspray all over the window as well? Looks like you can see the sanding marks under the base.

AbileneAutoWerx
07-26-2016, 11:15 PM
You can't feel it on the glass so I don't know. Never seen anything like this. Our local GM dealership has always done a awesome job for me. My truck turned out flawless! They called in a bunch of paint guys to help out with the hail storm. I guess my Yukon got a a$$ hat painter.

fly07sti
07-27-2016, 12:01 AM
Damn bro that sucks! Why did they do paint work after a hail storm and not just some PDR guys?

AbileneAutoWerx
07-27-2016, 12:09 AM
Damn bro that sucks! Why did they do paint work after a hail storm and not just some PDR guys?

The roof rail had to be painted since they didn't want to take out the side airbags. Some were to deep to be glue pulled also. I have no freaking idea how the door ended up getting painted. Thinking it got into a "accident" while up there.

fly07sti
07-27-2016, 01:12 AM
Sucks! Glue pulling takes so damn long. Really only good for very minor dents imo. On the flip side, makes a good excuse to get a new ride .

precisionmobile85
07-27-2016, 05:59 AM
Thats crazy. I worked for a GM dealership that sold obv GM and a few other car brands and the body shop was top notch. Thats a piss poor job for a dealership bodyshop. I know it sucks being without a vehicle but I'd go back there and demand it gets done properly and a rental car for the inconvenience lol. They will do it if you complain enough

GSKR
07-27-2016, 06:12 AM
Thats crazy. I worked for a GM dealership that sold obv GM and a few other car brands and the body shop was top notch. Thats a piss poor job for a dealership bodyshop. I know it sucks being without a vehicle but I'd go back there and demand it gets done properly and a rental car for the inconvenience lol. They will do it if you complain enough
Ditto

shadwell
07-27-2016, 07:50 AM
Flat reject the work under its warranty..
"Defective materials and workmanship"
Certainly the latter here....
Make it their problem...
Also if it's insurance contact them and tell them you don't accept the work..
They'll hold on payment until rectification is complete and you've approved the works...
At least that's how insurance repairs are handled here. Oz... Best of luck cos that is total crap...

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
07-27-2016, 08:50 AM
Wow that is completely unacceptable.

As others have mentioned, flat out reject the work under its warranty.

AbileneAutoWerx
07-27-2016, 10:17 AM

They have always been great. Things happen I guess but yes you can bet I'm getting it fixed and a loaner Yukon.

Octopiston
07-27-2016, 10:29 AM
Have they said or done anything?

KneeDragr
07-27-2016, 11:15 AM
I agree with the others, its unprofessional work and should be disputed with the insurance company. The last time I had bodyshop work done it was better than the factory Honda paint.

AbileneAutoWerx
07-27-2016, 02:28 PM
Have they said or done anything?

Turns out is was the plastic they used to mask the parts that weren't painted off. It had some moisture behind it and it stuck to the vehicle in the booth. It was a smooth as glass I never would have guessed. It looked like the paint was so thin I was seeing primer under it with the light. The head painter took a DeWalt and M105/205 to it and it is flawless now! My G-15 with Boss white pad and FG400 wouldn't touch it,crazy. The readings showed better than factory paint on the rest so I guess it's good. I really need to learn a rotary after seeing this.

LSNAutoDetailing
07-27-2016, 02:48 PM
The head painter took a DeWalt and M105/205 to it and it is flawless now! My G-15 with Boss white pad and FG400 wouldn't touch it,crazy.

It's like I always say, in case of emergency break glass and take out M105/205...