PDA

View Full Version : Waterless wash

STEVE MORIARTY
07-25-2016, 04:04 PM
MIKE. Am getting my SRT 392 shortly & it is a dark color so I want to do all I can to prevent swirl marks. I normally use the two bucket method & such but since we have water situation her in CA I plan on using waterless wash for the time being. Will a waterless wash do the same as the two bucket methods to prevent swirl marks.

ArnoldLayne
07-25-2016, 04:44 PM
Most rinse less wash solutions like Optima & Ultima are dual purpose and they can be diluted in different concentrations (product specific. Follow the specific manufacturer's dilution rate) for use as a waterless wash or Quick detailer.

I know CA has a ban on wet washing cars in many areas but is it that bad that they won't let you do rinse less wash? :-)

You could do a rinse less wash with 1 gallon of water with just one bucket (just make sure to soak 4 or 5 MF towels)

I do rinse less wash in a single bucket with just one gallon of water and works out pretty good. I don't rinse and repeat the mf towel once its soiled enough after flipping sides. Works out pretty good.

STEVE MORIARTY
07-25-2016, 05:38 PM
That;s what I plan on doing. This water stuff out here is nuts. Neighbors driving around turning other neighbors in for watering on the wrong day. People standing outside their homes with stop watches to make sure you don't water too long. We actually had a old guy who was living with his son who turned me into the city for watering on the wrong day. Well I did water that day but I used my RAIN BARRELS to do it. When the city found out that talked to the guy about it & his son had him move to another son's house.

usmcpab
07-25-2016, 05:45 PM
Yeah California is crazy. I personally stick to rinseless washing out here in Torrance. While I do see neighbors doing the old standard car wash with hose and a bucket, I've never heard of anyone reporting someone else for it.

STEVE MORIARTY
07-25-2016, 05:55 PM
At one point the water districts were offering $500.00 to a person for turning someone in. Well that stopped when people started turning someone in that hadn't done anything. Best one was woman turned a neighbor in for it & when they investigated they found out the guy had been gone for over a month & didn't have a timer. When they talked to her she said "Well You guys didn't say it had to be true."

The Guz
07-25-2016, 06:01 PM
Our area has gone from 2 days to water to 3 days to water. So there is some sort of relief.

I would go with a rinseless wash. I have been using these two here in So Cal. I rarely do a bucket wash unless the car is very dirty or I am testing a different car wash soap.

Meguiars Rinse Free Express Wash, rinseless car wash, no rinse (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-rinsefree-express-wash.html)

Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine 128 oz. (http://www.autogeek.net/opnoriwash12.html)

ArnoldLayne
07-25-2016, 06:02 PM
You should be ok on the rinse less wash from the city.

You can do a rinse less wash in 1 to 1.5 gallons of water (depending on what you use, Optima or Ultima )

Optima recommends dilution rate of 1 oz to 2 gal. Ultima Rinseless wash has a 1 oz to 3 gal ratio.

You use half of it with half the product and soak about 3 to 5 mf towels (based on how dirty your car is). Then use the towels one after the other going thru the clean sides and set them aside when there are no clean sides left (fold the towels into quarter size and wring it before use. The towel should be damp enough to have absorbed mix in it and not be dripping all over).

It works pretty good with minimal amount of water. 1 gal water should be good enough.

zeus65
07-26-2016, 05:34 AM
I have meg D114, I usualy do 2 bucket method and waterless wash. Never tried rinseless wash. But can I do like this that I prepare 1 gallon of 1/2 oz of d114 and soak 5 mf cloths in it, wring and use them to clean whole car. Then STORE THE REMAINING MIXTURE FOR THE NEXT USE. My query is can I store that? Can I store it in car in tightened can? Will it be having same efficacy next time?
For how many washes would it be safe enough for the car?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

MI Mike
07-26-2016, 06:08 AM
Yeah California is crazy. I personally stick to rinseless washing out here in Torrance. While I do see neighbors doing the old standard car wash with hose and a bucket, I've never heard of anyone reporting someone else for it.

Not sure about Calif. Water rules. Saw a report on Wally World using CA water, and reselling gallons back to CA customers.
Get a couple gal. distilled water and use it.