PDA

View Full Version : Trashcan Detailing!

Pages : 1 [2] 3

WaxMaster1
07-26-2016, 07:24 AM
I don't know what I'm going to do now. I've previously used HD Adapt on my garbage can. I'm SOL now!! Help!!!

Jomax
07-26-2016, 08:58 AM
I used degreaser and bleach to clean them out once in awhile.

andy0902
07-26-2016, 09:57 AM
I am new to detailing and this forum. I did not realize how important it is to keep my trash bin clean. I usually just hose it out once a year when the crud at the bottom starts moving. How does this sound as a regimen?
Should I add a ceramic coating?

1. Foam cannon then wipe with microfiber mitt.
2. Flex 3401 with Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish
3. Novus ultra fine plastic polish
4. Mother's pure carnuba
5. Twice weekly maintenance with ONR as a QD

Btrahin
07-26-2016, 10:14 AM
Wow. This thread is hilarious. Thanks guys I needed this LOL

brettS4
07-26-2016, 11:39 AM
Does anybody detail their litter box?

vobro
07-26-2016, 11:47 AM
No but I just did a full decon,prep and finished with Doublecoat on my pooper scooper. Turned out great

Setec Astronomy
07-26-2016, 11:54 AM
Wow, maybe I'm just in a humorless mood today, but I'm not getting the snarkiness of the responses.

Aren't we all clean freaks here? Don't we have threads about people detailing their lawnmowers, barbeques, toolboxes, showers, and kitchen counters and appliances?

I appear to be in the minority, but props to the OP for cleaning and dressing his trash can. I just washed my recycling bins a couple of weeks ago, good way to use up some car wash I don't want anymore (and they stunk of garbage from the recycling guys throwing them in the back of the garbage truck to empty them). And OPC is fantastic for cleaning motor oil spills out of garbage cans.

Mantilgh
07-26-2016, 12:32 PM
I cleaned the inside of my shop vac then applied UIGP to see if it would help with clean up the next time. Hasn't been a next time yet though.

I did my window ac unit before I put it in the other day. APC, then leftover rinseless, then Rupes P808 sealant. Thought about an AIO on it but didn't. Probably should have, the 808 didn't bead to well on it. :)

Italiano
07-26-2016, 01:08 PM
I've just finished using a clay bar on my can! Actually no I'm not that particular. I do have an airbrushed and clearcoated hot-rod trashcan in my shop that I won at a show. Maybe it deserves a waxing. I will admit I have used stoner's Trim Shine on some odd things like the plastic sides of my mower. :-)

glfnaz
07-26-2016, 02:42 PM
I just stripped and polished a painted fire extinguisher. After I got the paint off, the copper was buffed and shined like a mirror. I put PBL surface coating on it.
But I don't polish what I put my dogs p**p into.

oneheadlite
07-26-2016, 03:22 PM
Wow, maybe I'm just in a humorless mood today, but I'm not getting the snarkiness of the responses.

Aren't we all clean freaks here? Don't we have threads about people detailing their lawnmowers, barbeques, toolboxes, showers, and kitchen counters and appliances?

I'm with you. I get giving OP a little ribbing, but I'm sure we're all guilty of going overboard on something or another.

Lesson learned: Wolfang Uber Rinseless on refrigerator: Magnets are rendered useless and everything slides to the floor...

John

FUNX650
07-26-2016, 03:32 PM
RE: Detailing Trashcans

That's how I first met the ex-wife.

Bob

connor
07-26-2016, 04:02 PM
Wow, Didn't expect the responses I got. I don't think it's that weird to hit them with a little shine every once in a while. Back when I worked at a restaurant, we would spray the black plastic cans with interior cleaner to keep them looking new. I just do the same to the ones I have at home so they don't fade so bad.

Now that i think about it a good ceramic coat could keep the crap from sticking to the inside of it....

Eldorado2k
07-26-2016, 05:01 PM

My cat poops outdoors. Lol.

And why aren't there any pics in this thread?

PaulMys
07-26-2016, 07:24 PM
RE: Detailing Trashcans

That's how I first met the ex-wife.

Bob

Lmfao!