PDA

View Full Version : White pad or New compound

IwantZL1
07-23-2016, 06:54 AM
I've got a dark blue 05 odyssey that was probably only washed once a year, until I got it. I've done some work on it with Meg's ultimate compound and polish, which worked well but I didn't get that oh #### that's a shinny odyssey. Do I need to just use a white pad on my gg6 or move to a different compound. Very new to the game, so take it easy on me.

emmjay
07-23-2016, 07:00 AM
I've got a dark blue 05 odyssey that was probably only washed once a year, until I got it. I've done some work on it with Meg's ultimate compound and polish, which worked well but I didn't get that oh #### that's a shinny odyssey. Do I need to just use a white pad on my gg6 or move to a different compound. Very new to the game, so take it easy on me.

How are you polishing currently? What Pad, Speed etc?

White pad should be enough for the "neglected" Honda paint to see a big difference, espcially if 2 stepping it. I got a lot of defects out of my honda with just a Black finishing pad, but the car was not neglected. I just opted for the Dealer installed swirl option (DISO) lol.

IwantZL1
07-23-2016, 07:41 AM
I used 5" orange griots pad with Meg's compound.

IwantZL1
07-23-2016, 07:42 AM
Speed 6

Mantilgh
07-23-2016, 08:14 AM
Maybe the orange pad with the compound left micro maring. Honda paint can be on the softer side.

Try following it up with Ultimate Polish and a white pad if you have it to give it some extra gloss.

IwantZL1
07-23-2016, 11:26 AM
So I've been doing some more reading on here and apparently I'm a blithering idiot. I thought the white cut more than orange. So I used the orange with compound and then I used black with the polish. And it was definitely an improvement, but it wasn't like man I've got to the whole van now.

dmayer
07-23-2016, 12:53 PM
You could try another compound such as Griot's BOSS Correcting Cream or Fast Correcting Cream. I've used the Correcting Cream with good results. the Fast Correcting Cream has had good results on this forum. Either of these with an orange pad should work fine. They finish down real nice also.

GSKR
07-23-2016, 01:06 PM
I've got a dark blue 05 odyssey that was probably only washed once a year, until I got it. I've done some work on it with Meg's ultimate compound and polish, which worked well but I didn't get that oh #### that's a shinny odyssey. Do I need to just use a white pad on my gg6 or move to a different compound. Very new to the game, so take it easy on me.To void out all the confusion with products and pads.start with pinnacle swirl remover and the finishing polish.use the the orange cut for the compound and a finishing pad for the polish.Then top it with hi temp wax stuff is bullet proof.get at least 3 micro cutting pads for some areas that need a little extra tlc.

The Guz
07-23-2016, 01:25 PM
I would play around with your technique with the Meguiar's products. Ultimate polish has a lot of oils in it that wil darken the paint quite a bit. I would look into something that has less like M205. If it was me I would seal it and call it a day until the next time you polish.

emmjay
07-23-2016, 02:46 PM
I agree with Guz, I stopped using UP and now use M205. However, you could post up some pics to show us what you are dealing with to help us steer you in the right direction.

Usually, if using orange and compound - follow with a white and a fine polish - and then Black with a jewelling polish. I would stop after white and fine polish and seal as im not looking for a show car finish.

I had great results with just M205 on a white bad on a black bmw.....50657

IwantZL1
07-23-2016, 03:18 PM
Thank y'all very much, in going to play around with what I got. And then try pinnacle

SKorch630
07-23-2016, 05:59 PM
You could do HDSpeed on an orange pad or white pad. I'd start with the white and see what happens. If the white doesn't cut well enough jump up to an orange pad. Of course, this is assuming you have this stuff on hand.